Chapter 1 | The Village

I ran through the enchanted forest to escape the ravenous red eyed demon; my legs ached and they gave way. I fell to my knees and puffed because I was out of breath. I looked around the surrounding area and spotted a small village with some huts and a huge purple building on top of a hill. I look down to see a battered, broken, wooden sign with some faded words. I wiped away the dust covering to reveal the sign said "Phoenix Drop". A spark ignited in my mind but I didn't know what had clicked. Why did those words sound so familiar? Thinking deeply, I observed the plaque. There was rust on it's hinges and the writing looked to be made of Iron.

I slowly raised up and started to walk yet my head spun. I moaned in agony. Slowly and steadily, I walked up to a huge wooden gate. It was engraved with fine details which looked incredible. A man and two ladies stood in the two tours guarding. One of the girls had light blue hair and one had black hair. They looked very young to be guarding a village or town but I let it slide. The man had lapis blue hair and shimmering eyes in the matching color but his hair did not look naturally blue. Suddenly, the man looked at me and jumped down from his standing point with his sword drawn to me. I stumbled and fell backwards into the brambles. I had nothing to defend myself with so I picked up a stick from the ground. It's spikes pricked me and a whined in pain.

"Who are you and where are you from?" The man growled, holding me down by my arms. I struggled in fear and tried escape his grasp but he was too strong.

"I-I-I'm Lila Phoenix, Sir! I'm an escaped guard from O'khasis." I stuttered, shaking and clutching my throat for dear life; my bleeding hands stung. His eyes narrowed and stared deep into mine.

"How do I know you're telling the truth? You could be helping Ivy!" He said, menacingly. I didn't know of anyone named Ivy except Zane Ro'meave's friend from The Jury Of Nine. The Jury was a league set up by Zane. They were all extremely skilled and more evil than the demon warlock himself. I had never spoken to any of the Jury except Jeffory The Golden Heart and he only spoke to me once, before he died. I had heard of his death from other villages I had ran into and apparently Zane had stabbed him in the back, literally. He had spoken to me of a lady who I believe was named Katelyn.

"I'm o-only looking for my friend! I've been stuck in the forest for years, sir. I haven't eaten in weeks or had clean water in years. I just want to find my friend!" I cried, telling him the honest truth. I didn't care about food or drink, I just wanted my best friend back.

"What is your friend's name? Maybe I have heard of them or seen them before." He asked, getting off of me. He reached out his hand to pull me up but I hesitated in case it was a trap to capture me. He smiled reassuringly so I took his hand and he kindly helped me up.

"Garroth Ro'maeve," I said, "I was his guard and best friend before he ran away. I don't even know if he is still alive anymore. I haven't seen him in 20 years." A tear escaped my eye and forced it's way down my cheek. The man wiped it away and smiled graciously as if he was enjoying an inside joke. I stared at him anxiously and waited for him to speak.

"Lila, will you follow me?" He asks whilst opening the gates swiftly. I nod gently and follow the man. After 5 minutes of walking past beautiful scenery and passing dozens of curious villagers, we arrived outside a small, wooden hut. The roof was caving in and the glass windows were smashed but not collapsed. The door was blue with a golden handle which reminded me of him.

The blue haired guy gestured for me to knock on the door so I did as he said not wanting to annoy the guard.

'Knock, Knock.'

I heard the clunk of the handle and it slowly creaked open. Standing in front of me was a man with light blonde hair and comforting blue eyes. He was fully dressed in blue O'khasian armor and holding a diamond sword. His eyes flicked to mine and he looked shocked. I didn't understand why he was so gobsmacked so I decided to introduce myself to him.

"Hello, sir, my name is-" Before I could finish my sentence, he started shouting at me.

"Lila! Is that you? Oh my Irene! I haven't seen you in decades! This must be a sick game! Dante where did you find her?"

"G-G-Garroth?" I screamed over his rambling. He nodded joyfully and forcefully hugged me. His arms enveloped me into a deep sleep. My body turned numb and I collapsed.