Chapter 4

Days past and no luck followed.

Within the car glove compartment, Clara took hold of Derek's lump sum of money- it must have accumulated to thousands. She rested in a cheap motel off the side of town, where every night she would hear loud shouting sourcing from the room next door, followed by smashing bottles.

Dieting on mainly one small sandwich a day and bottles of water, Clara became desperate. Thoughts raced through her mind of her parent's tragic murder; she needed to take revenge of Derek. What happened to him? Did he just die in submission from the merciless sun?

No. He couldn't have. Previously proving himself to be a successful guns-men and athletically prosperous, Derek must have had police or secret service training in the past.

Limping from exhaustion, Clara walked weakly in direction of the motel from a short trip to the nearby supermarket. Plastic bags filled with bottles of water hung in her arms beside her, briefly dragging on the concrete floor.

She halted.

If Derek was still part of the secret service, was he always planning to kill her father, who was a member of the organisation himself? Was the whole company planning this?

Her father was somehow associated with this extra-terrestrial object, did the organisation want him to not continuing researching on it, or did they not trust him to the broadcasters with further news?

Clara shook her head in confusion, proceeded walking and ran as fast as she could towards the motel where she could assess her situation properly. She was the bridge between secrets and justice, and she was determined to bring justice to this tragedy.