Contemplations

Author's Note: This is probably the first story I had ever wrote, so please be gentle. There is a trigger warning and mentions of suicide.

'This is what I brought you, this you can keep. This is what I brought you may forget me. I promise you my heart if you promise to sing, kiss my eyes, and lay me to sleep.'

"What would you do if I died?" Warren asked suddenly, his fingers running through Will's hair. The younger superhero who was sitting in the rebel's lap leaned his head back so he could look at Warren since he was facing the same way as the other.
"What?" Will asked dumbly, not sure that he had heard his raven haired lover right.

"I asked you what you would do if I died." Warren repeated, no emotion showing in his face or in his words.

"You wouldn't die because I'd be there to put the person who wanted to kill you in their place," Will said confidently, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"What if the individual who wanted to kill me was me?" Warren asked, his mind questioning why he was spilling all of this to the Stronghold child.
"Like suicide?" Will asked in absolute horror, his whole being shocked that the man who was currently holding him could even think of doing something like that.

"Yeah Stronghold, like suicide. What would you do if I tried to commit suicide?" Warren said, his voice and face still void of emotion.

"I would stick by your side," Will began, "I would never leave you. I would show you the good things in this world. I would show you that you won't fall into the way your father paved and as The Fray says, I would learn how to save a life." At the end of Will's mini speech he felt himself begin to almost cry, the thought of losing Warren, the love of his life, tearing him up inside. Warren hugged the other closer, holding both of Will's hands and then wrapping his arms around the younger's midsection.

"What if I did follow in my fathers footsteps and turn into a supervillain?" Warren asked softly after a long few minutes of pure silence, all of his insecurities and fears showing in just that one simple question.

"I would stalk you everywhere," Will began after thinking for a while, "until you got tired of me and tried to roast me. Then I'd keep following you and I'd slowly work my way into your heart again and turn you good." At the end of this he heard Warren laugh lowly, something he rarely did and when Will looked back and saw the flash of Warren's vampire like pearly white teeth he could of sworn he nearly melted into a puddle of goo at the elder's feet. Will quickly pulled himself together and kissed Warren's cheek.

"You aren't going to die or turn on me though," Will said matter of factly, "because I love you and you love me so nothing in this universe or the next is going to split us apart. Not even death." Warren chuckled at the other's words, not wanting to show emotion to the other due to his fear of being hurt.

"That's very reassuring to hear Stronghold, I thank you." The raven replied, truly glad that the younger was his lover.

"Now if you don't mind me asking," Will stated, seeming slightly confused, "what exactly made you think about this kind of stuff?"

"I was reading some really dark story for one of my English classes and it just made me wonder," Warren explained, "sorry if I made you question if I was thinking about doing any of it." Will shook his head as a sign to show Warren he was now relieved, this caused the taller to smile.

"Besides I finally got myself in your dad's good graces," Warren added, a tone of jokingness in his voice, "there is no way in hell I'm gonna screw that up with me dying."

Will laughed at this, turning around so he was facing his lover and straddled the raven's waist before kissing him deeply. Warren immediately kissed back and wrapped his arms around the younger's waist, chuckling when Will moved closer to him.

Warren pulled away after a few moments to look into Will's eyes with a smile, he may not be the greatest superhero on the earth but as long as he had Will he felt like he could do anything.

He had gone through hell and came back, only to be with the Stronghold child.

Before he met Will his life didn't have that much meaning and he often contemplated what they had spoken about earlier. He couldn't think of what might happen now if he died, he had gained friends and became less threatening to the school population. People were actually beginning to like the hothead, much to his discretion of course.

Now that he was with Will and his merry band of sidekicks, he couldn't imagine a life without them. They had gotten under his skin and were there to stay, but Warren didn't mind that much though. It was nice to have someone to count on.

'This is what I brought you this you can keep. This is what I thought so think me naive. I promise you my heart if you promise to sing, kiss my eyes, and lay me to sleep........'