Chapter One

A place to stay

After taking a shower I awkwardly pulled on a black skinny jeans- which was too big on me and a T-shirt which was also big on me but they were clean and that's all I could ask for.

I quickly went down stairs and in to the kitchen where I started to wash all the plates by hand after saying "Good morning," to every worker that I passed.

"You do know that you can use the dishwasher?" Nick Mr. Jacobs husband asked. He's also the head chef as well as a major twink. He has a black bandana wrapped around his pink hair that has black streaks in it. He's wearing a black ripped jeans and a chef jacket that I don't think he's wearing something under as the kitchen is hot as all fuck.

"Yeah I know but I rather using my hands." I started putting things in there correct places after asking where everything goes.

I don't think he noticed my hesitant about putting the knife down and if he did he said nothing. I hand him the knife with shaky hands after reassuring myself that if he does try to do something I can more than protect myself. Because I am not a nine year old girl any more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unlike what I originally thought the day did not move slowly and I was not bored. In fact I can't remember a time where I was not doing something or kept occupied.

If I wasn't washing the dishes, I was wiping off the tables or talking to Nick- he was a character and was not what I was expecting. I don't mean that in a bad way- believe me he's tolerable. But I thought he act like the way he dressed, like a flamboyant gay guy- not to say that all gays were flamboyant.

For one he ruled the kitchen with an iron fist and he was still able to create a carefree atmosphere in the kitchen- always having a smile on his face and talking with the employees. But he had this weird intelligence to him that I don't think many people noticed. And this elegance and confidence to him that I think can only be obtained by years of hardship and experience.

"Remember to carry out the garbage before locking up. And the restaurant open at 4 am sharp so you have to go to bed early no later than 10 so that you can let the chef in." Mr. Jacobs called as his husband Nick sends me a smile and waved before ushering his husband out.

After taking out the garbage I did a walk around both the restaurant and the upstairs apartment to find the quickest and safest route if I ever need to. I also put small objects that wouldn't be classified as a weapon around the apartment.
I wonder if I could hide 'weapons' downstairs too. I doubt it because customers or the workers will eventually move it. But just to be safe rather than sorry I'm going to start walk with the one of the small knives from the apartment.

After doing one more check of the place I bathe then hit the sack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A person who have lived on the street as long as I have at the tender age that I have live life by one motto  and one motto only- always be vigilant. So it was no surprise to me when I woke up at the slightest moment during the night- a car driving, my moment while sleeping.

Hence why I thought waking up at 5 in the morning wouldn't be a problem but it...was.

I stumbled grumpily downstairs at 4 in the morning to open the door for Nick who shockingly has a huge smile on his face.

"Good morning," Nick greets while heading to the kitchen to which I just give an unintelligible grunt to.

I move to the storage and take out all I need to use and after filling a bucket of water and throwing in some detergent then start mopping the restaurant.

It's starts to fill with employees after i am finish mopping and start wiping off the table tops. I move to the back of the kitchen once I'm finished to see if there's anything else to do.

"What where you doing out front?" Nick ask while chopping up seasons and throwing them in the frying pan.

"Mopping and such do you have anything in here for me to do." I ask while looking around.

"Mmmh wash your hands then come here."

"OK," I say while moving towards the sink