Mankind Returns to God on a "Highway"

Instead of a Narrow Way, a grand “Highway of Holiness” will be open for the entire world. All the stumbling stones and pitfalls will be gone. “No lion [Satan] shall be there, nor any ravenous beast [selfish government] shall go up thereon” (Isaiah 35:8, 9; 62:1-3). Some will make fast progress, others slow progress— depending on what character they had previously sown. “And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away” (Isaiah 35:10).

The Day of Judgment does not begin until the Ruler of the world has come again. A trial cannot proceed until the judge (Jesus) is on the bench and the court (the Bride class) is in session. During that Day, “the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea” (Isaiah 11:9). Then “the books” of the Bible will be “opened” and the world will be judged from its principles and standards (Revelation 20:11-12). Everyone who is now “dead” in Adam will have the opportunity to have their names written in the “book of life.” Those who live righteously then will be judged worthy of everlasting life in a perfect society—for all the ages of joy to come.