4

I gasped as Niall opened the door before me. I have never seen anything like it. The bright room glimmered from candles scattered all over our flat. Slow, soft music played in the background. Bright red rose petals carefully covered the floor, leading somewhere down the hallway. Tears began to well up in my eyes. I covered my gasp with my hand as I slowly entered the house. This was without a doubt the best thing anyone has ever done for me.

I turned to face the man behind it all. He leaned on the wall with a large smirk printed on his face.

“Do you like it?” he whispered.

He began to come toward me. Not swiftly, but very slow. He carefully placed his hands on my waist, like if he were to touch me anymore sternly I would disintegrate between his fingertips. He slowly placed his forehead against mine, looking deep into my eyes. I began to get lost in his ocean blue eyes. My heart was racing a mile a minute.

“Yes.” I breathed.

His lips were hovering against mine. He gently moved his lips along my cheekbone and down to my neck. He placed a soft, wet kiss on the sweet spot of my neck. I breathed harshly as he leisurely bit down, softly sucking on my neck.

He moved his lips down to my shoulders. Soon enough he swiftly had removed my top and was fumbling with my bra strap. He removed his shirt and told me to jump.

I did as what was asked and Niall carried me down the hallway. He stepped quietly stepped along the rose petals, which led to none other than the bedroom.

He delicately laid me back on the bed as he began to strip me and himself of our clothing. The night seemed to last forever as we were embraced in each other’s pleasure. Nevertheless the night came to an end.

Niall rolled back onto the other side of the bed. Our gasps filled the room as we gasped for air. After a little while Niall sat up and ran his fingers through his hair. He got up and put his boxers back on. I leaned over the bed and grabbed my bra and panties.

Once I had them on, Niall told me to stand. Again, I obeyed.

“I know we’re not properly dressed for the occasion…” he trailed off.

He grabbed my hand in his as he gave me a wide smile, his eyes quickly looking over my body.

“…but I couldn’t wait. It had to be tonight.” Niall turned around and grabbed something off the dresser. He turned back to me.

“Martha you are the one person I can count on no matter what. You are my best friend and my lover. I love you more than anything and more than anyone. You’re my world and I can’t imagine life without you. I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with you.”

With those last words Niall got down on one knee. He chuckled as I let out a small scream.

“Martha… Will you marry me?”

He opened a small black box and inside was a gorgeous diamond ring. I felt the tears rush out of my eyes. My heart went numb from beating so fast.

“YES YES YES!” I screamed. Niall quickly stood up and hugged me tightly.

“I love you Martha.” He whispered into my ear.

“I love you too Niall. More than you will ever know.” I said in between sobs.

Niall let out a soft laugh as he rubbed my back and caressed my arm.

Once I had stopped crying Niall lifted me up and set me in bed. He swiftly laid next to me, quickly putting his strong arm around my waist. We stayed like that until Niall quickly jumped up and ran out of the bedroom.

“Niall where are you going?” I asked confused.

“I forgot the candles! Don’t wanna burst into flames after a proposal now would we?” He called from the other room.

I burst into laughter. I laid back in bed and looked up at the ceiling. I smiled to myself. I’m engaged to the love of my life. How did I get so lucky?

Soon enough Niall came back and laid with me again. He hummed softly in my ear until I was fast asleep. Already I knew, this was going to be the start of an even more perfect life.