Chapter One

•Katie's POV•
"Mom? I'm home!" I yelled while throwing my book bag on the couch and running upstairs to my Mom's room. I knocked lightly and opened the door to see if she was in here. I saw Mom sitting on her bed ready the newspaper. "Hey Katie, come look at this", Mom said while ushering me over to her. I looked at the article she was pointing at. "Looking for a babysitter to look after three year old Hazel, and nine year old Nina", I read out loud. "You could make good money Katie", Mom said, putting the newspaper on her bed and giving me a gentle smile. "It would be nice considering you love children", Mom said. I pulled my phons out of my pocket and dialed the number that was on the article. "Hello?", A female voice asked. "Hello, this is Katie Stephans, I was calling about the babysitting offer in the newspaper and I was wondering if I could take the job", I explained. "Sure, I wouldn't mind, but just for safety I need to give you a small little quiz. It's nothing against you, but as a single mother, I need to make sure my babies are very well protected and watched over" the woman told me. "Okay, that's fine. Would you mind giving me directions?", I asked, getting out a piece of paper and one of my pencils from my book bag. "Go down •fake adress• Barren Street, take a left, and it's the Red two story house on the right", she said. I wrote down the directions, and put the pencil back in my bag. "Okay thanks, i'll be there soon", I said happily into the phone before saying goodbye and hanging up. "Mom, I got the job!", I squealed. "Good job Sweetie, take your phone just in case", she said, smiling. I nodded and ran downstairs. I grabbed my keys off the counter that had my car key, house key, and my safe key that has my hand-me-downs. I put my phone in my back pocket and walked to the garage. I pressed the button and put in the code for it to open. I got in my car and started it. I backed out and drove to my location.