Rage, Resentment and Plotting:

ROLAND'S P.O.V:

My face burned with the humiliation of being rejected and sent out. A strong feeling of resentment and possessiveness held me in its thrall, and I vowed to myself that I would get her back.
Suddenly, a brilliant and devious idea came into my mind as I gazed at the lovesick elf, who was dreamily gazing at Dawn, Anne's sister.

"Hey you" I called out to the elf, who quickly spun round at my voice looking guilty.

"I understand what you're going through as I am going through the same kind of thing with Anne" I said sympathetically. "Don't worry, I've got an idea that will help us"

At that, the elf's expression became hopeful.

"What's the idea?" He asked eagerly.

"If you get a love potion, then Dawn will not be able to help herself, and she will fall hopelessly in love with you" I replied cunningly.

The elf's face went pale and he said, "But that means I have to go to the dark side where the Bog King resides, Why can't you go?"

"I cannot go because I'm taller than you and I would be easily spotted" I replied smoothly.

"Good point" the elf mumbled, "fine, I'll go" he agreed.

A feeling of victory swept through me and I rubbed my hands together gleefully as the elf turned away to get ready for the journey.

*********************************************************************************

2 weeks later:

There was yet another ball I had to attend and I unwillingly flew outside where I was greeted with loud, cheerful music and lots of fair-folk swaying to the beat. I saw Eric dancing on the stage with the band behind him playing merrily. He started singing and I gradually relaxed as I listened to his smooth, deep voice.

Suddenly I saw something pink behind him and I became more alert again. My eyes widened with horror as I realized he had a love potion which was forbidden due to our treaty with the dark side. Suddenly the atmosphere became cold and foreboding and I gasped in horror as The Bog King's evil minions appeared out of nowhere and took over the glade.

I caught sight of The Bog King and my breath caught in my throat as I took in his cold, harsh beauty. He had silky, shoulder-length, ebony hair, high cheekbones, long, thick black lashes and piercing emerald green eyes that cut through me like a dagger. His arresting eyes froze me on the spot for a moment, but an internal burning anger blazed, urging me on.

"No!" I cried as I saw some of the love potion spray over my vulnerable sister. To my horror, the first thing my sister saw was the dreaded Bog King and I watched the slow obsession cross her face.

"My love" she gasped out; hands pressed against her chest. Before she could do anything else, two of his minions grabbed her roughly and flew away with her. Before she disappeared out of sight, I saw the look of pure revulsion cross his features. 

Beside me, Sienna snarled at the Bog King's dark familiar and I tried to fly after my sister, however, rough hands yanked me back down to earth and held me with a tenacious grip despite my frantic struggling. 

"Don't touch her!" I screamed at him. "Leave her alone!"

My blood ran cold at the malicious smile which slowly crossed his harsh features, and saying nothing, he flew off after his minions, figure slowly dwindling away to nothing. As soon as he disappeared from sight, I was released and unceremoniously shoved onto the ground. 

His cold silence spoke louder than a thousand words and I buried my face in my hands in despair  and fear. 

*********************************************************************************

Authors note:

The next chapter will be much longer I promise. Thank you for taking the time to read this xx