chapter 2

The bell rings indicating that school is over.
'I get to show a girl and her brother around...dads coming home...' I hit my head against my locker 'FATHERS COMING HOME!!!!!!!!!' I panic a little because I totally forgot!!
"Gaaaah!!!!!!" Then I realize I said that out loud. Looking around I make sure no one was staring. I book it to the football field.
I get into the locker rooms and notice that the usually empty locker next to mine is taken. I shrug and get ready. 'I suppose we did get a new guy. Must've not got any classes with him'
Get out and do warm-ups.
"CARTER GET YOUR BEHIND OVER HERE AND MEET YOUR NEW TEAM MATE" the coach yells at me and I jog over taking my helmet off. The new guy does too. He had brown semi long hair for a guy his eyes were purple and he was slightly taller then me 'Woah...that seem familiar'.
The coach clears his throat " this is Branden Halsey, Brandon if you need anything ask Carter here."
'Very familiar...but from where..?' I smile and say "hey I assume you got your locker and obviously you have your gear so ...is there anything else?" Branden smirks but says nothing. 'Cocky bastard...'
Everything went smoothly for practice. At the end of it I was the last one out because I cleaned everything up. I get changed quickly remembering that girl is waiting for me and...'oh shit...dad' last time I spoke to him was a year ago I think... I run out of the locker room applying deodorant in the process. I come to the gates and see the girl standing there in her phone.
"Hey!" I said slightly over excited "did you wait long?"