Chapter 2

I sat on the stoner bench, litstening to the distinct murmuring of my family criticizing my great-grandma. The wind blew the chimes and created a melodic song. The leaves rustled and swayed in the soft breeze. The last note of the chimes softly faded out as I slowly got up and walked into my grandmother's house.

~°•°~Time Skip~°•°~

I may look fearless, many people actually say that I am scared of nothing. But, I'm reality, I'm scared of the world. Sheets of rain pelted the windows of the MetroPCS store as I was just sitting on a black folding chair, furiously typing a story on my phone. I didn't show it, but at every lighting, every thunder clap, my stomach was churning with fear. The room was quiet enough that you could have heard an ant crawling on the tan and light brown speckled hardwood floors, then a sharp, deafening, thunder clap resounded through the room. A siren whined in the background as the lights flickered in the store. Dread filled my mind as my brother, at the worst possible time, commented that this might be a repeat of December 26, 2015. I sat in silence as my brother walked out side, but internally I was screaming "Don't go!!". I may have a stone heart to the world, I may push him away at times, but he was truly the world to me. The thunder died down, then crashed into the air. A second clap of thunder rumbled as I slid into darkness.

She was filled with fear...