Chapter 16

Hey, sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been busy. But now it's Thanksgiving break and I have a whole week off!!!! WAHOOOOOO!!!!!

Well, here's chapter 16!!!!

*************************************************************************************************************

Hazel

Percy arrived as Hazel and everyone else chatted in the lounge. Leo came a few minutes later. Hazel abruptly looked away. Everytime Leo was near, she ached in pain. The resemblance was remarkable. The way his overgrown curls brushed his forehead, the mischeivous smile, the dark eyes, how he joked around. It was as if Sammy and Leo were the same.

"But that can't be!" Hazel wailed silently in frustration. "Sammy had a family then died. Maybe he's like me...."

Hazel shook her head. That was impossible. She was a daugther of Pluto, the god of dead. How could Sammy suddenly come back to life like her?

She sighed and ran a hand through her dark curls. "What's up?" Nico asked. "Hmmmm?" She mumbled. "Oh, nothing." Her brother narrowed his eyes. "You're the one I need to worry about." She frowned. "You look terrible!" "Wow, thanks." He rolled his eyes. "Are you sure you're okay?" Desite her worry, Hazel was feeling wonderful. Nico was safe. She was grateful to see his pale face and messy black hair. He had been given a new blac T-shirt, aviator jacket, and jeans. His pure black Stygian sword hung by his side. "I'm fine." Nico groaned. "Anyway, why do you keep staring at him?" He gestured to Leo, who was talking to Jason and Piper. "What do you mean?" She said in the most innocent tone she could. "Don't lie to me." Nico said. "You're looking at him every second. Why?" "Ummmmm....." Hazel looked down at her sneakers. "You're telling me later." Nico whispered.

"So, Nico, you've been at the Roman camp all this time?" Annabeth walked up to them. "Not all the time." Nico said defensively. "I went here and there, into the Underworld. It's getting super crowded there."

"You should've seen dad." Hazel said. "He actually seems to care about you." "Really?" Nico looked shocked. "The Roman form of him seems much nicer." He grumbled. "Right." Hazel snorted. "You get to see him a lot. I've only met him twice." "It's not so good seeing him." Nico scowled. "Plus, Persephone isn't a big fan of any of her husband's children." "Yeah, she seemed to hate me." Hazel nodded.

"My dad's immortal wife, Amphtrite, is like. So is my half brother, Triton." Percy sat down beside them. "And Hera....I mean Juno.......you know, hates all of Zeus's of Jupiter's children." Jason called out. Annabeth tensed at the mention of Hera.

"This whole Greek and Roman thing is way too confusing." Leo sighed. Hazel still thought he looked cute after all these years, but it was followed by the profound sadness in her chest.

"Agreed." Piper frowned. "They're like the same gods, but also not the same gods." "That makes no sense at all." Leo said, earning a punch from Piper. "Ow, beauty queen, quit it!" He rubbed his arm where Piper had hit him. "How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me that?" Piper said. "A bunch." Leo grinned.

"We still have plenty of time." Annabeth said. "I'm exhausted, so I'm going up to my room." "Me, too." Percy said. "I'll take a walk around the ship." Jason said. "Wanna come?" "Sure." Piper said. "Uh, I have to go check on the engines and stuff." Leo said, but Hazel could tell he was just trying to make up an excuse. "Oh, okay." Jason frowned.

"I see you guys want some alone time." Frank started to get up, but Hazel pulled him back down. "Stay." She ordered. "Uh, sure." Frank said.

"So, talk." Nico leaned against the soft cushions. "Is Leo related to Sammy or something?" "H-how did you know?" Hazel blinked. "I'm not stupid." Nico said. "Leo Valdez. Sammy Valdez. Of course, it could just be a coincidence, but judging on the way you look at him..."