Reset

You reset. You don't know why, but you did. You had finally freed all monsters from their underground prison. That's what you had been working up to all this time. That's what you wanted... Right...? No. You were restless. You didn't want your journey to end. You had taken away all your friends' happiness at the click of a button.
     You felt a surge of guilt rush through you as you sat up on the soft bed of flowers, to find yourself face-to-face with Chara. You had forgotten about them, for they didn't come with you when you left the underground, as much as you begged them too, they had refused.
"So... You finally did it... Huh...?" They asked. Your answer was only your puzzled expression.
They sighed. "You finally reset. Took away all of your friends' hopes and dreams." You felt tears welding up in your eyes. You shouldn't have done that. Why did you do that? All those thoughts ran through your mind like the river of tears rushing down your face. You buried your face in your knees. You couldn't look Chara in the eyes.
     You felt Chara's arms wrap around you in a hug, as if to comfort you. You didn't deserve their pity. "Heh... Your as much of a crybaby as he was...." You could tell Chara was fighting back tears at the thought of their brother Asriel. You wanted to comfort them. You wanted to tell them everything was going to be ok. But.... You didn't know how.
     Once you both calmed down, you trudged forward into the next room, where you always meet Flowey. He did his normal intro. Calling you Chara instead of (y/n), like he always does. But something seemed off... He looked confused. Like he thought he had done this before. You had granted Flowey's wish, and erased his mind as well as the others when you reset, so he wouldn't remember anything.
     Right on que, Toriel saved you from the evil house plant, launching him away with her fire magic, and healing you in the process. You accidentally fought the dummy when Toriel was showing you how to spare your enemies though. "Silly child... The dummies are for talking. We do not want to hurt anyone, now, do we?" She said as she led you through the rest of the ruins. You acted as if you had never seen or done the things that were placed before you, but one thing that was new to you, was that you felt different. And it wasn't a good different.
     Soon enough, you entered a battle with a froggit. There was something different about this though... Instead of sparing the small frog-monster, you found yourself reaching straight for fight.