Chapter 11 (Final) - What Is Love?

“It’s been 3 years…” Chen mumbled closely to Xiumin as they waited for their order on a fancy restaurant.

Yes, it had been 3 years for Chen and Xiumin. 3 years of laughter, of sweetness, of hugs and kisses, of crying and fighting, of memories, of love. For someone like them, who would expect that their relationship would last this long or perhaps longer? Xiumin looked at Chen with those longing eyes of his as he touched Chen’s hand on the table…

“My Chenzi, my cute Chenzi… You know how much I love you right?” Xiumin asked in a sweet smile.

Chen nodded gently, “Of course, because I know your love is as big as mine, or perhaps bigger, I don’t know… But I know you love me and I’m contented with that. As long as we are together, 3 years? Nah, we can last forever.” Chen mumbled softly and oh so sweetly. It was like cherries in Xiumin’s ears. It was so sweet that he could imagine himself already drowning in a pool of chocolates.

“Yeah, if forever could be any longer we can last more than forever. I promise you, whatever people say, nothing and no one can break as apart. I love you Chenzi…” Xiumin replied as he tightened his grip on Chen’s hand as if he did not want to let go.

Chen smiled so sweetly and widely. He moved closer to Xiumin and kissed him. People around them were taken aback; well both boys were kissing in front of them, in a 5 star, classy and fancy restaurant, who would not think disgustingly? All eyes were on the two boys. In their eyes were look of disgust, racism and such.

Xiumin noticed all the people’s stare at them. He moved a little back and scrutinized. He could even hear their words. Their sharp words that hurt more than kinves. When he could feel the air becoming heavy, he could not control himself, he stood up in anger that he almost flipped the table. Chen was surprised.

“ALL OF YOU!” Xiumin started to talk and all the people were surprised, some tried to ignore him but well, they couldn’t. It was such an interesting scene.

“WAS IT YOUR FIRST TIME TO SEE TWO BOYS AS LOVERS?” Xiumin continued with an obvious wrath in his voice.

“Why? Is it wrong for two boys to fall in love? Is it? Is it?” Xiumin continued leaving Chen speechless and frozen in place. He could not understand what was going on but when he looked at the people’s faces, he could understand already what they mean.

“There are a lot of lovers out there, girls and boys, yet they cannot let their relationships last like we do. This man across me, I love him, and I promised him that no one and nothing can tear us apart even those hateful look you’ve been, people, giving us…”

“We are tired… we are tired with those kinds of people like you do who cannot deal and understand a heart’s voice. We are tired of your stares, of your words, of your discriminating movements towards us. Me and this man, we are in love, and yes we are both men, but our hearts beat us one so you… you all… please, stop hating on us! It’s not our fault that we fell in love, if it’s our fault, then we are gladly to take the consequences, because, we are not on any planning to finish what we had started.”

Xiumin pulled Chen up from his seat, “If you don’t want us here, if you feel dirty because we are here, then we are outta here, we don’t need to deal with you people. Come Chenzi, let’s go somewhere else, far from this kind of people.”

Chen just obediently followed as he bowed his head because of hurt but it doesn’t matter, he was happy, Xiumin stood up for their relationship like any real man could. He was glad and proud that he has someone as brave like Xiumin. He held Xiumin’s hands tightly as they exited the restaurant as a sign of promise that yes, I am staying with you, till the end, yet I hope this has no end.