Chapter 4

Jace's POV

I took Samantha outside and explained to her what was going on. "  So let me see if I heard this right. My friend and her boyfriend are vampires. You and your friends are something called shadowhunters that rid the world of demons and you have these strange markings called runes that give you powers." Said Samantha.

"Yes, that about sums it up." I replied.

"This is all to much." As Samantha said that she ran off. She was pretty fast for a mundane, I had to admit that. I ran after her and saw a ravener demon come up behind her. I grabbed a seraph blade from my belt and jumped at the demon.

"Run. Samantha. Run." As soon as I finished Samantha ran. When I had killed the demon my phone rang. "Hello"

"Jace, it's Alec I've got some bad news"
"What is it" By the sound of Alec's voice this sounded like really bad news.

"Sebastian is in New York."

"What, where" if you don't know who Sebastian is. He is the son of Valentine, one of the most evil Shadowhunters ever, and the brother of Clary Fairchild, my dead ex.

"He is at Millie's apartment but she and Simon are here with us. So I don't know why he is there."

"Samantha. Alec, you and the others meet me there as soon as possible." I hung up and ran as fast as I possibly could.

Samantha's POV

I got back to the apartment and was about to make a drink when there was a knock at the door. "hello"

"Hi, I'm a bit lost do you know where I am." this came from the person who stood on the other side of the door. He had silver hair and very dark eyes. They almost seemed black.

"Sure. You are at the dumort apartments."

"Okay, thanks."  He started to turn away until I asked.

"Do you want to come in and have a drink. I was just about to make some hot chocolate." I asked. It was only the perlite thing to do.

"Sure thanks."

He came inside just after the kettle finished boiling. " I'm Samantha. "

"Nice to meet you Samantha, I'm Sebastian."

After about ten minutes of talking Sebastian had to go. I said goodbye and about 5 minutes after he left there was a loud bang at the door.

"Jace, what's wrong."

"Are you ok?" He looked concerned but I don't know why I wouldn't be.

"I'm fine, Jace what's wrong."

"Was anyone else here."

"Yeah why." I don't know why he asked this.

"did he have silver hair."

"Yeah. Jace what's going on"

"That was Sebastian. He is bad news."

"Why what's wrong with him." I thought he seemed pretty nice.

"He killed my girlfriend. Who was also his sister."