Family Planning

It was only a week later that I started to suspect it. Food I had always used to like started tasting funny, and I was almost always sick in the morning. Leo hasn't seemed to clock on yet, but I'm going to find out today once and for all.

"Hey, I'm just going to the shops for a bit... there's a sandwich on the table" I yell up the stairs.
"Have fun" He yells back.
I grab the keys and stuff them in my coat pocket, trying to hide the nervousness in my movements.
By the time I pull the Chevvy into the store car park, I'm almost shaking. Do I want to do this? I scan across the isles and make my way past the pharmaceuticals section. Hygiene, haircare. Family planning. I pick up a box with 'PREGNANCY TEST' etched boldly across it. This is it. I pay in a hurry and drive back to the house with the test boring into me from the passenger seat.

Leo went out. I'm sitting quietly with the test layed out on the table in front of me. The thoughts rattle around in my head. Does he even want a family? Do I want a family?
I hear the faniliar sound of a car pulling up into the drive and my heart begins to pound loudly in my chest. The keys jangle from outside the door and I wait for Leo to waddle through carrying four large grocery bags.
"I got us some pasta for tonight... I was thinkin' some cannoli with oregano?"
I walk over and stand opposite him as he puts the groceries away.
"Um... Leo?" I ask tentively.
Something about my tone tells him I'm serious, and he stops what he's doing.
"What is it?"
I take a deep breath and will my head to clear. His eyes meet mine as I pull out the pregnancy test and lay it in front of me.
"I'm pregnant."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry it's short, I kinda wanted it to end on a cliddhanger or whatnot, so here ya go.
-Bethan :) x