2: She

That's her, Kathryn Bernardo. The girl next door. Actually, di naman talaga siya girl next door. She lived a couple of houses away, but who cares? She is my girl next door.

I've known Kath since she was 5 years old. She just moved in our village and I remembered telling my mom how i wished it was a boy who moved in. But years after, we always saw each other in our village park. She's the girl who would sometimes just quietly read a book on the park bench, while I played basketball with the boys. Solid kasi barkada ko, asahan mo, pag andun ako, andiyan din sina Jon, Khalil at Robi.

One time, naglalaro kami...

"DJ, shoot!" sabi ni Khalil sa akin as he passed the ball to me. It was a 2 on 2 basketball game. Me and Khalil against Jon and Robi. Hindi ko alam what happened, hindi naman sa pagyayabang but I AM good at basketball. Di ko nasalo ang bola at lumagpas ito sa court. Of course, it was my fault so I had to get the ball.

I ran after the basketball, when I saw that someone got it already. She smiled at me

"Looking for this, here". Her smile was sweet and gentle, as she gave me back our basketball. 

"Uy, thanks ah". I couldnt help but return her smile as well. This was the first time that I really came face to face with her. Wow, ang ganda pala niya talaga, I couldnt help but tell myself.

"Ako nga pala si DJ"

"Hi Deej, I'm Kath" She said to me. Not sure if mahina lang pagkakasabi ko ng pangalan ko, but did she really call me "Deej". Don't get me wrong, I was not irrritated. In fact, secretly i liked it. I SUPER LIKED IT. Its as if there was an instant bond with us already. Kaya I opted not to correct her anymore.

"Thanks Kath. Ummm, sige... see you around" That's all I could say back to her as I said my goodbye. I was too shy to say anything more. I had the name already of the girl next door. Secretly, I looked back again at her, wanting to look at her one more time, but she was already leaving. But in my heart, I knew there was something starting....