12

Mark P.O.V

Everything was going beyond amazing for Mark right now.

Ashley Graham was sitting right next to him. She was talking to him. About actual things. And he was answering her. In an actual conversation.

Holy fuck.

The dark haired half Korean couldn't believe what was happening, the only thing keeping him rooted to reality being the smell of his dream girl's perfume and the little giggle she let out when he made a weak attempt at a joke, the sound making his insides suddenly feel like candyfloss.

The whole time he could feel the icy blue eyes of Sean watching his every move. Mark was shocked that the green haired boy had delivered on his promise at all, with a reputation like the one he had gained in less than 3 days he seemed like the kind of person who would break promises without a second thought. However Mark could safely say he had never been happier to have been proved wrong. He watched as Ashley's green eyes shone with interest as she asked her next question.

"So, what are you into, Mark? Any hobbies?"

He bit his lip, eyebrows creased in thought. Now was his moment to look cool, show off his talents and make himself sound like the best quality of boyfriend material in the area. But his brain was still baffled by the fact he was even talking to this girl and he began to sweat under the pressure of answering. Hobbies? What hobbies? Did he have hobbies? He had no idea. It was like all memory of anything interesting that had happened during his lifetime had just completely disappeared in that very second.

"I- I play video games?" He finally spluttered, nervousness radiating off him in waves. Seriously? Was that all he could think of? Wow, way to make yourself sound cool, Mark.

The ginger haired girl raised an eyebrow. "Really? What kinda games?"

Mark's brain went into a scramble, immediately erasing any decent game he'd ever played. Goddammit, was this going to become a regular thing?

"I- I like horror games." He finally said, praying he didn't sound half as nervous as he thought he did.

Then another voice joined in the conversation. "Funnily enough I've been drawn into that genre myself lately." An accented voice commented offhandedly, his tone almost bored and a tiny smirk pulling at the corner of his mouth.

Mark couldn't tell if he should be happy about the green haired boy stepping into the conversation or not. On one hand he had essentially just saved the half Korean from even more forced and stiff conversation but on the other hand, Ashley was his girl, and if he really wasn't interested in her then what the hell was Jack playing at?

The red headed girl grinned openly at the other boy, a look that made Mark's stomach fill with jealousy which he tried to push down despite the powerful urge he had to snap at the Irishman to mind his own business.

"Oh my god, really? I never took you for a gamer, Sean." She said in her lovely singsong voice.

The green haired boy shrugged nonchalantly. "Yeah well, there's allot you don't know about me." His blue eyes then fixed on Mark. "So what game are you playing right now?" He asked, taking a drink from one of the cafeteria's shitty plastic cups.

Mark narrowed his eyes a little at the other boy. "Right now it's just whatever I can find, there's not many good ones out at the moment."

Jack snorted. "I can't argue with you there." He agreed and Mark couldn't help but let a small smile crawl onto his face as he warmed up to the new topic.

"It kinda sucks actually, the last decent horror game I played was Five Nights At Freddy's and I haven't found anything really good since." He sighed.

Jack let out an actual laugh, startling the other boy with the sound. "That game was a lot of fun I've gotta admit."

"Have either of you boys played Rocket League before?" Ashley asked, a questioning eyebrow raised.

Jack rolled his eyes. "Please, I'm amazing at that game."

At the exact same time Mark let out a low groan. "I fucking suck at that game."

The two looked at each other for a second before Jack cracked a smile and they both burst into laughter while Ashley watched them with a fond look on her face.

When the two finally calmed down Jack opened his mouth to speak. "You know, if you wan-"

The bell signalling the end of lunch rang making Mark jump in surprise.

When he looked back at the shorter boy it was to see him shaking his head, features forming a thoughtful expression. He almost looked pissed.

"Are you ok?" Mark found himself asking quietly.

Jack quickly nodded. "Yeah, I'll see you around, Mark."

And with that the teenager strode out of the canteen before Mark could respond. As he turned around to watch Jack's back as he walked away Mark felt someone poke him in the chest. Facing forwards again he was startled to see Ashley standing there, a little too close for him to breath properly.

The red head beamed happily up at him. "Hey Mark, I think you're really cute. Do you wanna go out sometime?" She asked, still smiling at him in a way that made him feel like he was the only person on earth she would ask.

Had they not been in the middle of the still half full canteen Mark was pretty sure he could've fainted with happiness.

"Yes!" He blurted out far too quickly before he realized what he just did and continued in what he hoped was a calmer tone. "I mean, yeah sure. Where do you want to go?"

She chuckled quietly at his eagerness and grabbed his hand which made him jump at the unexpected feeling. "Here." She produced a pen and wrote something on the back of his hand while he tried not to hyperventilate at the contact. "There's my number. Can I have yours? I'll give you a call when I have something prepared."

"Y-yeah and are you sure you don't want me to plan the date?" Mark asked cautiously as he took her hand gently in his and wrote his number on her hand.

Ashley shook her head, a small smirk on her face as she pulled her hand away and began walking towards the exit. "No need to worry. I'll sort everything. See you then!"

Mark finally turned to Wade who was currently talking to Ashley's friend with the owlish eyes. He had never been introduced to the small girl but he assumed she had to be a nice person, just like Ashley was.

When he finally realized Wade wasn't leaving anytime soon, Mark walked out of the canteen and set off for his next class feeling like he weighed nothing more than a feather, practically skipping down the corridors in triumph.

Heya! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'll be able to update more regularly now i hope and thx for waiting :) Also thankyou so much for 1K reads!

Song: Dream - Imagine Dragons

Until next time........BYEEEEEEEEEEE!!