the moments that make up you and i

Her hand laced with mine, feeling like an avalanche was tumbling through my chest in the best way as my hand held hers against mine. I knew I was in too deep but I couldn't pull away. Not now. Not ever. My hopeful thoughts that were once small fragment of my repeating dreams became a reality that threatened the possibility of something that I had lost my trust in. But I wouldn't stop. Because I knew this is what my heart had been dying for, but my anxiety had been pushing those thoughts away. I couldn't let my illness win when the girl sat before me lay with her fingers intertwined with mine like the vines of poison ivy creeping up a tree trunk. But I knew I could trust this. She wasn't trying to take away my reach of sunlight or use me to her advantage, she was trying to show me that she was there. And that she will reciprocate this feeling of indescribable understanding and hope. Sometimes we may get cut down, but other times we have to learn to trust those in order to find the person that we can share this feeling which humans call love. But here I stand today saying that this feeling is something all the same but also new. And it's so beautiful.