Chapter 9

Ben POV

When I wake up, I instantly run to the toilet.

God, why did I even drink this much? I think to myself, feeling like dying would be less unpleasant than this.

I don't even try to remember last night because my head is killing me and I know that it's very unlikely for me to remember the whole night when I'm fucked up this bad.

Waking up for the second time today, I realise I fell asleep with my head on the toilet seat and the puke un-flushed, making the whole bathroom smell awful. I slowly, dreading my existence, get up, flush the toilet and, equally slow, trudge over to the kitchen to take a few painkillers and then go to my room again, let myself fall down on my bed carelessly and fall back asleep almost instantly.

When I wake up for the third time this day it isn't myself who wakes me up but my phone.

Fuck. Why do always make the ringer this loud when I'm drunk?

Not in the mood to answer the person who's calling me I do it anyways because it's not like I'd be able to fall asleep again, this time.

"Mmh?" I answer as soon as I click accept.

"Uh - hi Ben" I can hear Matt say.

"Why the fuck are you calling me this early?" I ask him right away, groggily, I want to rub it in his face that he woke me up.

"I'm sorry, man. It's 4pm I thought you could be awake by now. Anyways I wanted to ask you if you'll go to the Hangout again, tonight."

"No, mate. I'm currently dying and if I'm dead I can't go, right?" And with that I hang up.

Great. 4pm.

Honestly I'm suprised that Mason hasn't woken me up. Normally my little brother would come into my room at 10 or 11 in the morning and would bounce on my bed until I wake up and play with him. He really likes me and I'm just glad that he wants to spend time with me, unlike my sister. Bex mocks me every chance she gets but she's only two years younger than me and what do you expect from a 16 year-old late late-bloomer? Mason on the other hand is only 10 years old and he's 'such a cute child' how all our relatives say.

Denis POV

"Oh god, there's someone grumpy" Matt states while plopping down onto his desk chair, facing me.

He just called Ben because Matt wanted me to come to the Hangout again, today and I said that I don't know if I wanna be there. He thought it would convince me to come if I knew Ben would be there aswell but his plan obviously fails as he tells me: "Ben's not going".

I don't know how I feel about that, I kinda would want to see him again, but this way I can just go home and chill, maybe watch Netflix and sleep. I smile at the thought of that, just watching Netflix in my bed until I fall asleep seems like a really good idea. So my mood slightly lightens, after all I'm still hungover so I'm not as happy as I could be without a hangover, and I get up, informing Matt: "Well, I'm going home then"

Matt quickly gets up from his chair and sprints over to me, standing between me and the door.

"Wait, let me ask my mum if she can drive you home"

"No it's okay, don't do that, I'm fine-" I try to tell him but he just interrupts me.

"No it's not okay, I don't want you to go home yourself like this. Honestly I'm scared you might get lost" He chuckles at the idea of me getting lost, then rushes over to his mum to ask her and she is so kind to drive me home, even if I didn't want that.