Chapter 1

MARK

Her hair.
Black like oil.
Her skin.
Shiny like the sun.
Her eyes.
As red as death.
'Cause that's all I am.

Dead.

That fateful afternoon on Saturday, June 4, 2016 me and my freinds Joey, Stan, and Ivan were walking along the streets during the Baycoast High Carnival. School was almost out and Baycoast wanted to celebrate with a fun event.

I was at the elastic band competition. Everyone was there, even the jocks. (The elastic band competition is where two guys and robed up with an elastic band to the side of a pumped up wall and they try to get as far as possible until the other player fails to stay on his feet)

"Allright guys, watch this!" Brock said to his freind Dexter as he climbed into one of the lanes. "Hold up, hold up!" Drake said as he popped in holding a fifty dollar bill,

"Wide receivers vs. Quarterbacks!" He announced as he strapped into the other lane. "First one to pussy out has to jump into the Baycoast pond!" Felix yelled out.
Brock and Drake nodded in approval as they waited to start.
The man blew the whistle and the two ran as fast as they could away from the blow up wall. The elastic band snapped Drake back and he flew into the wall. Brock laughed but that caused him to loose traction and snap backwards also, but he slipped and did a cartwheel before smacking up against the wall.

The crowd around the elastic band competition burst into laughter as Brock stood up warily.

Ivan then pulled me aside and told him he had to go to the bathroom. "Really? Right now!?" I whispered, Ivan didn't back down. "Fine." I said and put the keys into his hands.

We walked fast over to the restrooms and Ivan unlocked the door. I slammed it shut after Ivan walked in and waited outside for him to finish and give back my keys. I was one of the janitors home boys, so I had some cool tricks.

After ten minutes I started to get boted so leaned up against the wall and waited. A sudden drowsiness fell over me and I rubbed my eyes.
A finger jabbed into my shoulder. I turned around to see Lilly, a late transfer from Bloomberg High. "Hey there." I said, for I had never really encountered her before.

"I have something to confess..." She said slyly. I stood there dumbstruck. At the time, I wasn't into girls. She then pulled me aside behind the building and into the forest. I watched, frozen like a statue, as Lilly unzipped her coat and let it fall. She then started to undo the shirt tie at the back of her.
As her shirt fell her slender body was revealed along with a pink bra. But that wasn't what struck me as off.

A pair of wings unfolded and spread out to her sides. I backed up slowly as Lilly shot me a devious smile. An axe appeared in her hand. "I want to kill you." She said in a voice deeper than it once was.

"Holy shit!" I yelled, I then turned tail and hauled ass out of there. It must had only been twenty yards when the eagle like creature that was once Lilly jumped up and slammed into me.

I was sent to the ground and a tree trunk dug into my back A deafening skrietch left me as I fell flat onto the ground paralyzed.

I watched hopelessly as Lilly held up her axe and hacked off my right arm. I couldn't feel the pain but I knew that I was missing a limb.

Lilly grabbed the arm and sucked it dry.

Lilly walked close to me again and held up the axe and said, "now, for the main course."

An arrow flew through the air and struck the creature's foot. She screamed and looked up.

From here it began to grow hazy.

Two figures shooed away the eagle lady and turned their attention to me.

My vision blurred together but one thing stood out. All of a sudden I was in one of the creature's arms. She was tall and slender and wearing a school outfit. Her black hair fell over me as she began to sing some sort of summoning song.

Towards the end, I locked eyes with this lady. I wanted to tell her to stop, to let me die. But no words came. So we just looked at each other for a moment. "Yep. This is the one." She said. And with that she sunk in with a long drawn out kiss.

That was when I blanked out.