Part 1

The doorbell to the shop dinged as a figure walked in. You brought your head up from the book you were reading and slammed it shut. It took a second for your eyes to adjust and when they did you froze.

Park Jimin was standing in the doorway to your family's pet shop. He was panning his eyes across the room and hadn't spotted you yet.

Jimin was your school's bad boy. He was handsome and all the girls loved him. You'd heard that he had once killed a kid in an alley way a couple blocks from the school for not giving him their lunch money. You had immediately rejected the thought of that, but now that he was in the same room as you he looked a lot more worthy of the feat. His dark eyes met yours and he smirked as he strolled towards the front desk where you were seated.

You snuck a quick glance behind you to the back room. You could see the top of your best friend's head from around the corner. Always sleeping on the job, you thought.

You turned your head around and were greeted with Jimin's brown eyes gazing back at you from less than 5 inches away. You yelped. He had both of his hands on the counter and was leaning over it to peer at you.

You gulped and he grinned. "Let's get one thing straight. You tell no one that I was here or I'll pound your pretty face in." You nodded and he smirked, leaning back and taking his weight off of the counter. He shoved his hands into his pockets and started to stroll around.

Your eyes tracked him around the room. He was also farely notorious for shop-lifting and you didn't want to take any chances--even if he WAS just in a pet shop. What was he doing here anyways?

Jimin picked up a wet food container off the shelf. He didn't turn to you as he spoke. "I need a dog for my mom. She said she needs something to keep her company since my dad's gone and I'm out all the time."

You darted your gaze towards your motionless friend again. No hope of being saved.

You swallowed again. "There are some dogs in the back who need a loving home so we can go back there and you can visit with them. If you end up wanting to buy one I'll need your mom to sign some paperwork. You have to be over eighteen to buy it."

He placed the wet food can back on the shelf and looked at you while raising his eyebrows. You both sat in awkward silence for a second until you realized what he was waiting for. You heard him chuckle as you jumped from the stool and rounded the counter.

As you approached him you tried to put on a brave face. Nothing could happen to me in such a public place, right? Even with the extra motivation he still scared you. You walked up to him and realized that he was fairly short for his age.

You didn't make eye contact as you squeezed past him so you could open the door to the kennels. You pushed the door open and held it for him as he walked through.
-----------------------------------
He seemed to enjoy the dogs you two visited with, but everytime he started to smile at the canines' antics his face fell again. It was awkward the whole time both of you were in the kennels. He finally chose a german shepherd puppy and you were grateful he was going to be leaving soon.

You walked back to the front desk and made your way around it to the stool you had been sitting on before. You plopped down and looked at him.

"Are you going to call your mom, or should I say the puppy is taken until the next time you come back?" Instead of answering, Jimin just slid a laminated card across the countertop towards you. You gently picked it up and flipped it over.

You gasped, your eyes reading through the information on the ID.
Height: 5'7"
Eyes: brown
DOB (date of birth): 10/13/1997
Age: 18

At the last part your eyes widened. Jimin was still in high school and you were one hundred percent sure that he hadn't gotten held back.