Short Story!

I haven't posted one of these in a really long thyme...so here u go

Umber stared at the map, her heart constricting. The map-hovering from the dashboard of her ship-was a map of Europa. The path set for her would take Umber through one of the most dangerous parts of Europa. Right now, she was staring nervously at a small valley in the Ares Mountains. Normally, the young captain would avoid Leviathan territory, especially when most currents led into the area, but none led out. She would be trapped there, if it wasn't for a teeny-tiny mountain pass that was the only way out of the basin. However, these circumstances were much, much different that normal. Five hundred thousand Talos. That was how much she was being paid for this mission. It was that little something that made her look past the dangerous Leviathans and the multitudinous currents. Umber bit her lip and swiped her fingers across the hologram, which lit up green. "Are you sure you want to set this as your destination?" A pleasant female voice filled the room. Umber had one last brief flash of doubt, but the promise of easy cash overwhelmed what hesitation had overtaken her. She spoke easily and confidently. "Yes please, Rin." The map spun once then flashed blue and disappeared. The ship's engines started and the dull thrum of water rushing against the hull filled the room. Umber frowned, pushing a lock of golden-brown hair out of her face. The rush was a bit louder than normal, but she should be fine as long as she stuck to the path. Eventually, the ship evened out and quickened its pace, the thrum reduced to next to nothing. Finally, it reduced to a rate only very fine sonar could hear.

To be continued...