I'm simply 'Mad'

Her outfit^

Her outfit^

Edited: 6/1/17 I came back to this and realized my grammar wasn't great and the tense was inconsistent, so I fixed it. If you find any mistakes, even if it's just an awkward sounding sentence, please tell me!

*************************************

"Look, daddy!" A little girl shouted as she swung as high as she could. Her pigtails swung with her and hit her in the face.

"I see, be careful" The girl smiled and turned toward the voice only to gasp in horror. Her whole family lay on the ground unmoving. Voices and shadowy figures began attacking her.

"Why didn't you save them?"

"This is your fault."

"It should have been you."

I calmly opened my eyes and sat up, shaking my head. 'That dream again?'  I got up and took a shower before getting dressed. I waited for my hair to dry so I could put on my wig and grabbed a peach to eat as I looked through the newspaper. 'Oh yeah, the dedication ceremony is today.'  I thought as I read the heading. I tossed my peach pit, put on my black wig with a hat and slipped on my boots as I left. My sunglasses greatly dimmed the world around me as I walked down the sidewalk. Luckily I was the only one so I could enjoy the peace and quiet.

Unfortunately, I made it to the ceremony, which had already started. People moved out of my way as I went to stand beside Cody. I put my hand on his shoulder and he looked up.

"Oh, hey, Mad!" He smiled and I nodded in greeting. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Doc Green's daughter, Frankie, looking a mix of nervous and scared, causing me to mentally smirk. 'Hehehe.' My attention went back to the ceremony as four robots transformed and Chief Burns spoke again.

"Now a team of one human and one bot can do the work of an entire police force, fire department, emergency response unit and engineering core. Each robot is programmed to respond only to the commands of its handler. So you can sleep at night, knowing that Griffin Rock is protected by the very best that technology, and humanity, have to offer." Everyone clapped, probably feeling safer already. I watched as a butterfly landed on the bulldozer's nose. He went to swat it away but the firetruck elbowed him. '...what? '

"Hey, that robot just moved" Cody tried to tell Frankie but she ignored him. He looked at me and I nod, letting him know I saw it too. He went over and climbed on the stage with a small lift from me. I climbed up after him and watched as he knocked on one's foot.

"Hey, move out of the way, kid. I want a picture of the Burns family heroes." Huxley, the reporter, told Cody. I growled at him, but he couldn't hear. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the fire truck glance down at me, but paid no attention to it. I gave Cody a pat on the shoulder and he smiled up at me gratefully.

"Wanna head back to the firehouse?" He asked and I nodded. "'Kay, just let me grab my bike." I nodded again and sat on the edge of the stage to wait. I pulled two sets of wheels from my boot's pocket and attached them to the soles. When I was done I just looked at all the robots, which seemed to make them nervous since they couldn't tell if I was blinking. 'muahahaha' My moment of evil was interrupted when Cody called me over. We wheeled off to the firehouse, leaving the bots alone for now.