Chapter 1; The Intro.

I clench my bible in my right hand as I pass the dark pathway of the woods, a.k.a the only quick way to my house from the school. I fear that they're around. They always are, just because I go this way. I'm scared to death, this is my only bible that I have until my pastor gives me another one, next Sunday when I go to church. But it's only Tuesday.

Maybe I could run as fast as I could, and maybe I could out run them. If only right? They're so much faster than me, I know by experience since last time I decided to run.

I chew on my bottom lip, my nervous habit. Please, please, please not be here. I pray quietly to Jesus as I walk closer to the pathway.

"Looks like The Jesus-Freak is holding his precious, stupid bible again." I hear beside me.

I gulp. The deep voice belongs to Mike Dirnt. He has been bullying me since middle school, same thing with his friends, Tre Cool, and Billie Joe Armstrong whom is also here. They have a new follower though named, Tom Delonge. He moved here a few months ago, and he has a few classes with me. He's pretty nice (so much more than the people he hangs out with) but I haven't talked to him for longer than five words though.

I know it says in the bible that homosexuals are abominations. But I can't help get this weird sensation in my stomach when I get to see the pleather jacket he wears always, his semi-long brown hair that's being covered by a black hat that's backwards, his tattoo on his arm of a bunny, and the way he talks with such a adorable squeaky voice. But, the bible also says that everyone should be forgiven of whatever they are.. so I guess I'm in the clear - right?

"Looks like he's also deaf, probably from the so many lies that the pathetic pastor preaches." Billie Joe chuckles, high-fiving Tre whom stands right beside them.

I glance over to Tom who leans against a tree, smoking a cigarette. Obviously ignoring everything around him while he stares at the ground.

"Yo, fuck-face. I said give me that piece of shit book full of shit." Mike spits at me. The grip on my bible increases, making my knuckles turn white. I won't give in. "Too bad, I didn't want to do this." He sighs. Suddenly I'm getting pushed down, face connected to the filthy ground that's covered in ants and other types of bugs. I hear a laugh. "Or maybe I did." Mike laughs.

I look up to Tom once again, he drops his cigarette butt onto the ground and crushes it under his foot. "Guys, leave him be for once. I kind of want to get to Billie's house and just relax." Is all he says in a calm, but also irritated tone.

"What? Come on Tom, I'm just getting to the fun part." Mike says as he struggles to get the bible from my hands.

"The fun part will start later, Billie said earlier that he's got some booze for all of us. Now, let him go." He says throwing his backpack onto his right shoulder.

"Fine." He says as he lets go of me. Then he looks down at me. "Next time it'll be worse." Is all Mike tells me before running off to catch up to Tom, Tre, and Billie Joe.

I get up, brushing off the dirt off my clothes. I start walking but this time, I'm holding my bible close to my chest. "Jesus.. why are they like this? Why do people have to be so cruel?" I pray quietly. I start to feel more calmer once the prayer gets done, it's nice to know that someone is there for me. It's better than nothing.