Chapter ten

Chapter 10

I sat on my bed thinking about what had happen a while ago. I just couldn’t believe Keyshia would do my brother like that. She was like a sister to me and she just gone pull this.

She lucky I only punched that bitch in the face. I should have mopped the floor with her ass. I trusted that bitch and she is going to do my brother like that.

I poured my self another drink as more tears fell from my eyes. I set my drink next to the lap because I heard my phone going off again so I picked it up. It was marcus calling me again it is like two in the morning and he still calling me.

“Yeah Marcus?” I asked as I cleared my nose.

“Aaliyah were you at?”

“I’m at a hotel”

“Which hotel?”

“Marcus don’t worry me and dj good” I said getting up off the bed. I walked in the front room area and sat down on the couch crossing my legs.

“I know ain’t no doubt about that, but are you good it sound like you been crying”

“Yeah I’m good I just wanted to come and see my family I ain’t expect this dumb shit”

“Shit me either Cat told us what happen shit you was right to beat the bitch ass fa real”

“I don’t even want to talk about it” I replied as I took a sip of my drink.

“You drinking Aaliyah”

“Yeah”

“Where you at?” he asked me again. I told him were I was, and took another sip of my drink.

“You want me to come through?”

“Naw marcus I’m about to go to sleep I will see you tomorrow. You still taking dj with you right?”

“Yeah”

“Alright because I’m going home tomorrow” I said then took another drink.

“Aaliyah you need to stop drinking” he said. I didn’t want to hear what he had to say so I hung the phone up. I took off all my clothes, but my bra and underwear and just slipped on my while robe.

I turned on some music from my phone and dimed the lights. I sat there drinking over my family, my relationship, and all this stress. I just want something to change.

I sat in the living room listening to the soundtrack to Waiting to Exhale. I wish that something would change that is why I move to New York.

I heard the doorbell right I got up to get it. I opened the door up and it was marcus. My heart sank when I saw him. He walked in and wrapped his arms around me. As he walked forward I walked backwards.

He took the drink away from me and picked me up. He carried me to the bed, and I got in.

“Go to sleep Aaliyah”

“I can’t”

“Aaliyah take yo ass to sleep” he said. I laid my head on the pillow and faced marcus. He was sitting at the edge of the bed facing the ground.

“Thank you marcus”

“For what?”

“For coming with me”

“Just go to sleep Aaliyah”

“Thank you for coming here?”

“It’s koo Aaliyah go to sleep” he replied.