Demons and Doubt

Being alone isn't as hard as it used to be, thanks to Cas, but it is more boring than before. I have no idea what to do, and I felt like I should be doing something. The silence is killing me, so I begin to sing a song that was used to put me to sleep in the other world, er, the miserable world. You know what? I'll call the other world Les Mis.

"My heart is pierced by cupid," my voice followed the tune of the old mermaid's song, "I disdain all glittering gold -"

"There's nothing can console me," a new feminine voice sang, "But my jolly sailor bold." 

Jumping up, I scurried to the other side of the bed I'd been laying on, "Who are you? Christo!"

The girl that the voice belonged to was a brunette of average height. She was thick in a pretty way and had brown eyes. She was actually very beautiful, until her eyes turned black.

"Don't you remember me, Kat?" she cocked her head to the side.

My eyes widened, "Who are you?"

"Honestly, Kat! You don't recognize your best friend?" She seemed genuinely surprised, "It's me, Storm. I thought you'd get your memories back since Crowley brought you back."

When I didn't reply, she continued, "How'd he do it, anyway? The angels banished you."

Suddenly, Crowley appeared, "Storm, she has to get her memories on her own. Don't push her."

Stormie looked at him with concern in her eyes, "Can't we just tell her everything? I miss her."

Crowley said that they couldn't and poofed away in a cloud of black smoke after giving me a longing look. Stormie was still there.

"What did he mean?" I asked after a while of shocked silence.

She looked indecisive, "I'm not really supposed to say..." 

"Storm," I pushed, "If you really are my best friend, you'd tell me what's going on." Of course, I was aware that she was a demon, and I had my doubts, but I was certain that she can tell me something.

"Well..." she was still reluctant.

"Storm, please," I begged her, "I already know I'm not from the world that Crowley brought me out of, and I'm not a Winchester. Who am I? Please, Stormie! I need to know!"

Her eyes widened in shocked delight, "You called me by my full name! You remembered something!" Stormie hugged me so tightly that I couldn't breathe.

Honestly, I don't even know how I remembered; it just happened. I didn't even know that Storm was short for anything. 

"Can't. Breathe." I choked out. As soon as she let me go, I spoke again, "Stormie, I need to know who I am. Without that knowledge, I can't do anything without wondering if that's what I'm supposed to do, if that's the side I'm on. It's like I've lost my identity and don't know if I'm good or evil or even Switzerland! I need to know who I am. Will you please tell me?"

She pursed her lips, trying to decide, then she spoke, "Alright, but no one can know that I told you. I've put up a sort of shield, that way, the angels and demons can't hear our conversation."

"Okay," I said when she paused.

"You are Katrin Elizabeth," she said.

"That's not what I meant," the look on my face must have betrayed the sarcasm I was trying to hide.

"I know," she chuckled, "I was getting there. You are Katrin Elizabeth, and you are both Angel and Demon. You are more powerful than the Angels and more powerful than the Demons. Even Lucifer fears you, and he's your father."

No words. I could not speak. Lucifer is my father?! Who is my mother?

Stormie laughed, seeing my shocked expression, "Your mother was a highly respected Angel. She was higher up than the Archangels. She was second in command, and her name was Anabiel."

"But ..." it took a while to get the words out, "But what about the dreams I've been having? The one where I marry Crowley?"

"Your mother made a deal with Crowley," she replied somberly, "Relationships of any kind between Angels and Demons are forbidden to Heaven. Anabiel made a deal with Crowley that he would receive their firstborn, if she and Lucifer could be together without Heaven knowing. Crowley raised you, and when you became a teenager, you began to crush over him. Once you reached adulthood, you were married to him. Castiel found out and blabbed to the Angels. You were sent to the other world and Anabiel was cast out and killed for her crimes."

"Wait," I said, in a questioning tone, "I fell in love with my father figure? That's a bit twisted, don't you think?"

She laughed, "You knew from the start who your parents were and why you were under Crowley's care. You were objected to it at first, but you grew used to it because you would be visited by your parents often. Eventually, you met me and we became best friends. You told me everything." Her light tone turned to one of sadness, "Things weren't the same after you were banished. You were the only friend I had."

She spoke the last bit in such a sad tone that I couldn't help but to hug her, "I'm back now. Thank you for telling me."

"You can't come back, yet," she said quickly.

"Too soon, I know," I guessed, "I have to gain my memories back myself, but at least now I know what's going on. That should help."

"Yeah," she said, then she seemed a bit jumpy, "I've got to go!They'll be wondering why I haven't returned yet." With that, she disappeared in a puff of black smoke, leaving me to my thoughts.

I didn't fully trust her, but she had seemed so sincere. Could I really be what she says I am? Why would she have any reason to lie about that? But what of my parentage? Of Crowley? Could what she says be true? Am I really more powerful than the Angels and Demons? Doubt swirled in my mind as I thought about what the demons told me.