Little Winchester

"Kat-rin, Kat-rin," a voices sang its way into my dreams, "Hey, Little Winchester? You awake?" I had been asleep in the car for less than an hour and my dreams were filled with false memories from my childhood.

The first time I shot a sawed off shotgun flitted through the darkness followed by my first hunt – a lower ranked demon. Of course, Dad wouldn't let me hunt it alone, even though I was fifteen; he, Sam, and Dean came with me, but I killed it.

Then, an event I'm pretty sure did not happen. It was me and Crowley standing in front of some sort of alter, not like the ones you'd find in a church. It was dark and decorated with black and red roses. I was wearing a flowing, silky, black dress and there were white wings protruding from my shoulder blades, their flight feathers barely touching the charred ground. My dark hair with its single, red streak was curled and a red rose held the right side back. My scarlet lips moved, repeating after a man in the back who was wearing a black suit and holding a scarlet bound book.

Crowley was wearing a black suit with a scarlet tie to match my rose. A genuine smile brightened his face and his dark brown, almost black eyes sparkled with happiness.

We exchanged rings and our lips met in a soft, romantic kiss.

"KAT!" This time, Dean's voice burst through and my eyes flew open.

"What?!" Where had that dream come from? Why did it feel so real? I had felt that kiss as if Crowley had really kissed me.

"We're here," he answered, then gave me a strange look, "There someone I don't know about?"

Crap.

"No," my eyes travelled over the brick building we were currently parked in front of, "It was just a dream. You know as well as I do that we don't know anyone named Crowley." Gosh, I hate lying to Dean. My memories from before the deal were still there. If Dean knew what I had done, he would try to send me back and I couldn't go back to that life of misery and darkness.

"Yeah," he shut off the engine, "and you don't wings or a wedding band."

Groaning, I replied, "Let's just go get Sammy." I did not want to think about that dream. The last thing I needed was to have the thought of marrying the King of Hell on my mind.

"Alright," Dean pulled out his lock picking tools.

"It would be easier to knock," I chuckled as he worked the lock.

"Where's the fun in that?" he flashed his famous, white toothed smile and pushed the door open. Shaking my head, I entered the apartment to see Dean grabbing a beer from the fridge.

This sight lasted for only a few moments because Sam attacked from behind. The two fought until Sam was on top holding Dean down in a stream of light coming in through the door.

"Whoa," Dean chuckled, "Easy, tiger." His hands were in a 'truce' position.

"Dean," Sam helped Dean up, "What are you doing here?"

Sam didn't notice me because I had hidden myself in the shadows.

"Sam," a feminine voice sounded from the next room, "What's going on?" She was wearing grey shorts and a tight grey shirt with the smurfs on the chest. Her hair was blonde and her skin was fair. She looked to be just over five feet tall and a little on the thick side in a healthy way.

"It's just my brother," he replied as she entered the room, "You remember Dean?" Then to Dean, "Dean, this is my girlfriend, Jessica."

"Whoa," Dean said with a flirtatious smile, "Love the smurfs."

"Dean!" Sam snapped.

"Don't worry," Dean said to Sam, "I wouldn't dream of it." There was a slight pause, "We need to talk. Alone"

"Whatever you're going to say," Sam put an arm around his girlfriend, "You can say it to both of us."

"Okay," Dean hesitated, "Dad's gone missing. He hasn't been home for three weeks."

"So," Sam shrugged, "He leaves for a while sometimes."

"Allow me to rephrase," I stepped out of the darkness, startling everyone, but Dean, "Dad's gone hunting and hasn't been home for three weeks. He never leaves for that long."

"Kat!" Sam half yelled out of fright, "Jess, this is my sister, Katrin. Can you give us a moment?"

"Sure," she moved to leave.

"Ignore Dean," I told her, "He's an idiot."

"Hey!" his voice was defensive.

As soon as Jess left, Sam asked us, "Are you sure he's not just hunting?"

"He's not answering his cell," Dean explained.

Placing Dad's journal in Sam's hands, I elaborated, "And he left without this."

"He never leaves without his journal," Sam looked confused, "Where was his last hunt?"

"Small town in California," I answered, "Jericho, I think."

"Yep," Dean confirmed.

Are you gonna help us find him?" By now, I had realized how much I missed Sam. I wanted him to help, but more than anything, I wanted him to stay. He would just go back to Stanford once we found Dad.

"Yes," he replied and excused himself to say goodbye to Jess and pack.

I felt bad for him because I knew what was going to happen to her and it would break his heart. Moving towards the door, I told Dean that I would wait in the car.

"Shotgun!" Sam called after me.

I got in, stretching out in the backseat. It felt good to have both brothers with me; it had been a while since we'd all been together. Maybe things would go back to the way my memories portrayed them. Of course, I wasn't sure how long I'd been in this world; my memories weren't clear on that.

The dream I'd had earlier floated through my mind and I pondered what it meant. Briefly, I thought of Cas.

Castiel, the angel, wasn't supposed to appear until later, but would he answer if I called on him? I have many questions and I'm sure Cas could answer them.

The guys interrupted my thoughts as they entered the impala.

"Better buckle up and settle in," Dean switched the engine on, "Cuz it's a long drive to California."

When I didn't move, he said, "Or not, either way's fine by me."

All was silent as we sped along the darkened road. The stars shone in the sky like glitter spilled over a velvety black canvas. I spotted my favourite constellation, Orion the Hunter.

Orion is my favourite because of his story. According to mythology, Orion was the greatest hunter of his village; he was stronger and faster than any of the others. One of the soldiers was jealous of him and planned to get rid of him.

Orion always walked the same path each morning and the soldier knew this, so he placed a scorpion on the path. As always, Orion walked along the path, and when he stepped on the scorpion, it stung him. The poison caused Orion to grow ill and die. When the princess of the village found out, she sentenced the soldier to a lifetime of slavery. She had secretly fallen in love with Orion, so, to celebrate his life and commemorate his death, she placed a constellation in the sky for all to see.

The soldier was, once again, jealous, so he protested. The princess placed another constellation, the scorpion's, on the opposite side of the night sky from Orion's. This way, the two would never harm each other again.

Thinking of that story, I fell asleep.