Chapter 1: My bestfriends a werewolf!

Natalies POV

I walked into my 5th grade classroom at Chancellor Elementary School. The second to last day of school. My birthday was gonna be on the last day if school too! I was turning 12 years old. My bestfriend Zoe, was also turning 12, but her birthday was today. She's always been intrigued by wolves, so I got her a book about werewolves. Her ancestors all had the gift of shifting into the beautiful beast of the full moon. Ever since she told me this, I've always wondered, does she have the gift? It was a question that would get answered on her birthday today. I read the book and it said that on all werewolves 12th birthday, would it be the day they first shifted. So I was really excited about this day for her! When I walked in I greeted Mrs. Minewig and sat at my desk (after unpacking) and gave Zoe her present. "Thanks Nat!" She said. "Your welcome Zoe." I answered. Mrs. Minewig came in and we began the dumb boring day.

Time skip to Zoe's party

Mom drove me to Zoe's house and I had more wolfy things to give Zoe. I walked in and was greeted by Zoe's little brother, Cage. "Hello Natalie!" He said to me. "Hey Cage!" I said as I ruffled his hair. "Where's Zoe?" I asked him. "She's upstairs reading that book you gave her." He told me. "Cool! I'm gonna go say hi." I tell him. "Ok! Wheres Payton?" He asked. (btw Payton is my little brother and Cage's bff) "I think he's flirting with your sister?" I said as I point to Payton and Lily (Cage's sister). Me and Cage laugh as he walked over to Payton and Lily. I walk upstairs into Zoe's bedroom. "Zoe?" I say questionably. All I hear is a low growl. "Z-Z- Zoe?" I ask her again. Then I hear a bark. I'm stunned and can't speak. "Nat-Natalie, g-g- go a-a- away!" I hear a very deep growling voice. I can't scream or speak. I just stand there. Terrified. Then without thinking I run into her room and see her. But she's not her. She's a wolf. Like I didn't see that coming... I thought to myself sarcastically. "Zoe?" I say. "Is that you?" I ask. I look at the wolf and see her nod her head slowly. I sit down next to her. She sits down with me. "What are we gonna do now?" I ask. She looks like she did her best to shrug. I hug her huge wolf body (that sounds awkward 😳). "Girls!" Mrs. Davis yells for us. "Coming!" I yell back. "Zoe! You need to shift... NOW!" She sat up looking panicked. Then she nudges me out the door. I close it for her and after about 2 minutes she walked out in a party dress and heels. "Ok, lets go." I say. As we walked downstairs we're greeted by our parents. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZOE!!!" They all yell. Me and her giggle and walk down the rest of the stairs. We open Zoe's presents and eat some cake. The rest of the night is good. Mom even let me spend the night at Zoe's house. Best. Birthday. Ever. For Zoe.