Chapter 2: Zoe's....... Mate?

Zoe's POV

After I discovered that I'm gifted, it was pretty hard to control my wolf. Her name was Ace. She always wanted to take control but I wouldn't let her. She was mad at me most of the time, but every now and then she would talk to me and stuff. She finally let me sleep through the night.

Beep! beep! beep! beep! "Uggggghhhh!" I moan. "I dont wanna get up!"

"Get up Zoe!" Ace yelled at me. "Noooo!!" I thought to her. She took control of my hand and slapped me. "Huh? What? I'm up! I'm up!" I yell. "Good." She tells me.

I got up and got dressed. At least today was the last day of school. What should I wear Ace?" I ask her. I dont know figure it out! She yells to me. Ugh, on your period? I ask her sarcastically. She just growled at me. I got dressed and took a shower. Ughh!!!

I walked downstairs and looked down at my breakfast. "Eggs and toast?" Ace growled in my head. "I want meat!!" She yelled at me. "Mom?" I ask mom. "Yes hun?" She replies. "Can you make bacon or sausage?" I ask. "Uhh? Sure?" She said as she opened the freezer to grab some bacon. "Hang on? Wheres the bacon?" She says confused. She looks at her watch. "Well, its only 6:00 and you need to leave at 7:30 so lemme run to the store." She said. "Ok, can I stay?" I ask her. "Yeah be careful and wake your brother and sister up at 7:00 if I'm not back." She tells me. "Ok mom." I answer. She grabbed her keys and walked out the door. "Bye." I say. "Bye." She says back. I eat my eggs and toast but then out of the blue, Ace takes over. "Ace? What the heck?" I ask her. She sniffs the air, and sniffs again. She got up and walked to the freezer and opened it. She searched through it until she found the frozen steak. "Ace please don't do that." I say as she grabs the steak. She picks it up and rips it open and takes a chunk. I forcefully pull her back and regain control over my mind. "No!" I yell to her. As I grab everything and put it back in the freezer. "Stop!" I yell again. She growls at me before she takes control again and runs outside.

She takes me into the woods and deep in there. "Ace stop!" I yell at her. She quickly makes me shift into my dark grey wolf. Then I take back control. I stop running and take a breath. Then I realize I'm not out of breath? I feel..... energetic! I take a big wolf breath and zoom through the forests. "There we go girl!" Ace tells me. I giggle at her in my head and continue running. "Mate!" Ace yells. "What?" I ask her. "Look! Another wolf! Its all white!" Ace says. Sure enough when I look to the right theres a beautiful white wolf running next to me.

I suddenly stop in my tracks. So did he. He sniffed me and I sniffed him. "Who are you?" Ace asked him.

"My name is Martin, who are you?" He says. "My names Ace and this is Zoe, my human." Ace responds. "Let me shift and we can talk more." He said before shifting. I hesitated on shifting because Martin turned out to be naked. So I didn't know if I should shift. Then again Ace took control and shifted. "Hello Im...... Robert?" Oh. My. God. I said. " Whats wrong Zoe?" He asked me. "Do you have a cousin named..... Natalie?" I asked him. "How did you know? Wait? Zoe? Is that you?" He asked. "Yes..... Wait! Robert? Your a werewolf?!" I asked/said. "Uhhh.... Yeah..... Ancestors gift." He said. "Yeah I got the ancestors gift too." I said. "Wait! You and Nat are cousins right?" I asked him. "Yeah? Why?" He asked. "Because if you have the ancestors gift, doesn't that mean that Nat will too?" I asked him. He stood there and thought for a bit. "Yeah!" He said. "Uh oh...." Ace thought. "Well, Robert. I gotta go." I told him. Then I remembered what Ace said. "Robert?" I asked him. "Yeah Zoe?" He answered. "I kinda stopped because Ace said mate. What does that mean?" I asked. He stared at me with a shocked expression. "Robert? You ok?" I asked. Then out of nowhere he hugged me. "Robert?!?" I said confused. "Mate....." He whispered.