~Chapter 4~

~Chapter 4~

Kirstine and I didn’t notice that the bell rang for the 2nd period (we have 3 periods in the morning and 3 in the afternoon) because of our interesting and fun conversation. Our teacher for this period was said to be absent today because she was on maternal leave. We continued in our conversations with each other like there’s no tomorrow. In our conversation, we decided to tell our secrets. She told me that her father was abroad and will not come back ‘till next year. Her mother is out of town for a couple of weeks because of her work. Her mother is a businesswoman and she goes out of town often so Kirstine was left with her aunt. Kirstine paused for a moment and I seem to notice the sad look on her face.

“Are you okay?” I rubbed her back with my gentle hands.

“Oh yes I am fine. I ‘m used to this kind of life it’s been a while since my mom has to go out of town to do her business and all.” She tried putting a smile on her face.

“Are you sure? I think you are just faking your smile.” I sounded confused.

“Yes I am sure as long as I have my best friend right here.” She hugged me so tight that I was about to die but in a good way. I am very happy that I finally found a perfect friend.

“Thanks for being a good friend.” I hugged her again.

“You too.” She smiled. Now we’re getting a bit emotional and all I could wish for this moment is none of my classmates had seen what just happened.

“Enough with that, it’s time for me to tell my secret since you already told me yours.” I giggled.

“Okay I’m listening.” She smiled back.

So I continued our conversation by telling her that I was adopted.

“I have 2 moms and two dads. My foster mom and my birth mother are related to each other...they were cousins. My foster mom wants to have a baby so badly that she is willing to adopt a child from her cousin and so she ask. Surprisingly, my birth mother agreed and so she gave me to her cousin which appears to be my mother now. I know some girls would react differently from mine. Sometimes, on movies I see them committing a suicide and some get depressed but I feel just fine. I am not bothered by the idea that I was adopted because they provided me of what I need, they provided me love and care and they acted like a real mother to me.” I paused for a moment catching my breath.

“Continue....” Kirstine looked so eager to listen to my life story.

“Well, I guess that’s it.” I smiled.

“Wow! Your life sounds amazing and....and....and I am kind of jealous.” She lowered her tone by just a bit.

“No don’t be. Each one of our life is an adventure. You just don’t realize it that it is just by the corner waiting for you or it is happening now...the adventure of great friendship.” Wow I sounded like an adult back there.

“Wow! Nice! Where did you get all that?” she asked.

“Just the knowledge of my brain and heart that’s all.” I said jokingly.

“haha...very funny.” She laughed.

Before its time for her to tell her secret, the bell rang.

“Is that for lunchtime?” she asked with much confusion.

“I don’t know. Maybe but we just talked her for a few minutes.” I answered.

We laughed....

“Let’s just watch our classmates...if they stand then its lunchtime. Let’s be detective even for just a few second.” I said raising my eyebrow.