Chapter 1 - The Future and Looking Forward

A/N: hey guys this is my very first fanfiction ever written! I'm not very experienced at descriptive writing so I would really appreciate your feedback and constructive criticism! Thanks for reading!

Note: this story takes place after the final arc in the manga. The ending has not been released yet, but keep in mind this is a fanfiction! I do not own any characters, they belong to Hiro Mashima.

Except for the characters I had to make up and you can tell who they are.
Enjoy!

____________________________________

Fairy Tail.

The guild that took the limelight in the great fight against Acnologia.

In the beginning, the fight against Alvarez Empire was misunderstood.

Zeref was thought to be an enemy, and his methods in attempting to steal the Lumen Histoire, or Fairy Heart as it was originally named, were cruel, but his intentions were not.

He truly loved Mavis and wanted to be with her in heaven.

However, a great enemy blocked his way.

A common enemy between Ishgar and Alvarez appeared, ceasing their pointless battles.

Acnologia seemed impossible to defeat at first.

The dragon slayers gave it all they got, but they were still on their hands and knees, their magic constantly being exhausted, but their fighting spirit and reason to live never wavered.

It turns out that the entire time Zeref was building an empire, he was also building a second Eclipse. He intended to call for the strongest team of dragons through the gate, and the strongest celestial spirit mages of the time.

Layla and Anna, along with Igneel, Metallicana, Grandine, Wiesslogia, Skiadrum, Atlas Flame, and a few other dragons that supported the human existance came through the gate.

Acnologia was not expecting something like this, but still stood his ground regardless. He fought 10 dragons at once, and managed to damage every single one considerably.

Even some strong humans that were not originally dragon slayers to start with received techniques from the dragons in order to fight with them.

Alvarez Empire had expected to be stronger than the guilds of Ishgar, but they could not hold off the tenacious Fairy Tail mages for long.

One mage in particular, Erza Scarlet, fought her hardest especially in the battle against Eileen Belserion, who turned out to be her own mother.

When the great dragon fight ensued, Erza, Natsu, Gray, Lucy, Wendy, Gajeel, Laxus, Sting, and Rogue all were on dragons of their own.

The humans without dragon slaying magic were given Lacrima to actually eat in order to receive the powers. However it was risky and, if the magic power of those mages was not strong enough, it could damage them permanently.

They would essentially gain the power of E.N.D.'s ability to eat Lacrima and receive special powers.

Erza Scarlet fought the toughest fight she would ever face atop of Igneel, Natsu's dragon foster parent. (Igneel did not know about Natsu yet)

The dragon slayers and the others fought the hardest they ever did, combining their powers with the power of the dragons they were atop.

After a long and hard battle, Acnologia was eventually overwhelmed by the sheer tenacity of the humans and dragons.

Elsewhere, Jellal had been patrolling the scene with the rest of Crime Sorciere, in a flying ship hovering above the Alvarez Empire to make sure they did not make a single move to betray Ishgar.