17| More Apologies

"Does anyone want to explain why there are two idiots at my door?" I asked; I was so tired of going through the same thing. It wasn't enjoyable!

Andre rubbed the back of his neck while Cooper blankly stared at me.

"Don't speak at once." I waited. Cooper began, "We came to see you, Quinn." He smiled; that won't work on me this time.

"Well, I don't want to see you." I attempted to close the door, but Andre's doorway was in between. "Andre, move your foot," I demanded.

"Quinn, you're going to talk to us." Cooper and Andre both barged in.

"I don't want to talk!" I was tired of talking, especially with Cooper.

"That's too bad." Andre and Cooper were already seated on the couch.

"Never Been Kissed...it's a classic." Cooper nodded towards the television screen. "Speak before I change my mind." I sat across from Andre.

"I think I should go first," Cooper said; it was silent as we waited.

"Quinn, I'm sorry. I've realized I've just been a bossy asshole! I didn't want you to have any relationship with Andre because we fell out of our friendship. I guess I was just jealous he was gonna take my best friend away from me." Like that would ever happen.

Andre taking me away from Cooper? Jealousy can really make a person say and do crazy things.

I was deep in thought; it was a good enough apology for now. Cooper has to make it up to me with actions. I didn't trust words as easy.

"Quinn, I just wanted you to know, I'm not that idiot you've heard rumors about. Everybody makes mistakes-" Cooper laughed. "And everybody has those days; everybody knows what, what I'm talking bout!" Andre and I shot him a glare.

"Sorry." He pouted.

"And if you let me, I really think we could have a relationship together." A smile appeared on my face.

"All these sappy feeling makes me want to puke," Cooper mumbled, walking to the restroom. Now he understands how I feel around him and Lilli.

"So, will you give me a chance?" He asked. I shrugged. "Maybe." He nodded, "I can accept a maybe-" I was happy he understood how I felt. "for now."

There Andre was back to his flirtatious, goofy self. Oh, now I did not miss it at all!

"And Andre, try to rebuild your friendship with Coop. I think it's what you guys both secretly want." I winked, causing him to chuckle.

"So, what'd I miss?" Cooper came back into the living room. "Nothing, I'm exhausted...I think you guys should go now." I stretched.

"Oh, look, Andre driving Quinn away again." Andre shrugged. "Shut up." He responded weakly. Cooper glanced at me. "Is he okay? He only responded with shut up." Cooper continued to tease.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Monday after the start of winter break. I'd seen Cooper once. We watched Frozen. Of course, Cooper initially objected but soon sung along to every song.

Mom came home a little earlier than she usually does. Today she walked in cheerfully. "Guess who got an edible arrangement?" She stuffed the fruit basket in my hand.

"-A.S?" I read aloud. Andre Sanders...

"Andre, is he your boyfriend?" Mom asked.

"He is far from it," I mumbled. "Well, I think he's adorable." Mom put the fruit in the fridge. "I'm sure he's glad you think so." I chuckled.

"I know you think he's cute too." She pinched my cheek.

"I do not." I swatted her hand away while she grinned. "You can't hide it from me; I'm your mother."

I decided to text Andre.

From Quinn.

Thanks for the edible arrangement. x)

From Andre.

Go on a date with me?

Well, he's straight to the point.

From Quinn.

What??

From Andre.

Go on a date with me, plus you owe me.

From Quinn.

How do I owe you?

From Andre.

You spent the whole day with Cooper, leaving me out!

From Quinn.

You poor thing :(

From Andre.

And I'm glad you're making it up to me, see you Friday night ;)

From Quinn.

I didn't agree to this!

From Andre.

Your mother said you did, so you're going. ;)

I looked up from my phone screen, looking at my mother in horror. "When did you tell Andre I'd go on a date with him?" She picked through the fruit in the basket.

"I forgot to tell you, I saw him at the store, and he asked if it would okay to take you on a date." I groaned; of course, my mother would approve.

"I know you like him a lot; quit being in denial!" I argued, "I'm not in denial." She waved her hand in dismissal. "Whatever you say!" I sighed.

Well, it looks like I'm going on a date.

*Shorter than the original 😭*