{1}

{Desirae ↑}

I grumbled obscenities as my best friend, Daisy, took my hair in her hands, pulling it back into a painful hairdo.

"This better be as pretty as you said it would be," I spoke between clenched teeth, watching a smirk spread across her lips. She took one of the many bobby pins out of her mouth, pulling my bangs back before she finally gave my poor hair a break.

"There!" Daisy exclaimed with a clap. "I've completed my masterpiece."

She had put my hair into a waterfall braid, twisting the top into a rose shape. No wonder it felt like she was trying to pull my hair out of my scalp. "Jesus, we're going to a club, Daisy. Don't you think it'll get ruined?"

She shrugged her petite shoulders, grinning at me in the reflection of the mirror, "I don't care, I'm just surprised I actually did it."

Daisy, unsurprisingly, was an aspiring hair dresser. Not the kind that gossips in an old barber shop, oh no... she wants bigger things. She wants to dress up Lady Gaga's next hairstyle as she walks down the red carpet, or help movie stars look their absolute best.

She slipped a sheer jacket over her black cocktail dress. Her blonde hair was loose and had a curl at the ends, framing her pretty face. I've always found Daisy more attractive than me, physically and mentally. She was a nicer person than I was, and her overall attitude was more appealing than mine was. It was natural, no way to change it.

I took one final glance as we headed out the door, making sure my dirty blonde hair was still the way it was supposed to be, or that my smokey eyeshadow didn't somehow smear it's way down my face. So far, all was good.

Finally arriving to the club, I found myself already tripping over the many bodies that filled the room. The music was obnoxiously loud, the people were obnoxiously intoxicated, and the environment obnoxiously reeked of alcohol. Daisy was the one that liked clubs, the only reason I agreed on coming was because I bailed on her birthday. Sadly, I'll admit it was because I didn't want to go clubbing. We headed towards the bar, ordering our first round as I observed the mass, watching the dynamic people dance, and as the lethargic hugged the walls. Daisy had her eye on some hottie that was sitting at a table, laughing it up with his friends.

"You can go talk to him," I nudged.

"What? No, I'm not going to leave you here."

"It's not like I'm going to do anything interesting," I responded with a small smirk. "Go, I'll find my own source of entertainment."

"You sure?"

"I'm an art student, I'll get creative."

She snickered slightly and nodded, "Okay, I'll keep you in sight."

"Won't that be hard when you're sucking his face off?"

She mocked a laugh before making her way to the table. The blondie she had been drooling over glanced up at her, about to look away before he took a double take. A small grin appeared on his face as he mouthed a greeting, and that's when I lost interest. I liked watching her reel her one night stands in, I didn't like watching the rest.

I had been sitting on a stool for the past half hour, accepting the free drinks men offered me, but then bored them purposely so they would go away. It worked every time.

"You seem lonely."

Oh, great. Another one. I haven't even finished the drink I got from the guy before. Turning to the man that spoke to me, I opened my mouth to respond something witty, but the only thing that came out was a barely audible hello. This man wasn't really what I considered a man... When someone mentioned the word man, I thought of a middle aged father looking for a release from his nagging wife.

This was a guy, my age, which was surprisingly hard to find in this club, and he was talking to me. Me. A 19 year old art student who got to sneak into this club with her legal friend, and was hugging this bar stool like it was my lifeline.

"Now, I've watch countless men saunter over here, only to run away a few minutes later. Why would that be?" It was then that I noticed a subtle british accent. Oh, great... My weakness.

"I showed them the beast I hide behind this mask," I barely muttered, all feeling of confidence fleeing my body as his eyes scanned my face. His dark hair was quiffed, and his eyes were the coolest shade of blue I think I've ever seen. When the radiant strobe lights flashed upon his face, the glisten of a nose ring appeared, and his smirk widened slightly.

"Beast? Don't you mean beauty?"

"Well, aren't we smooth?"

"No, not really... I've been growing a stubble," he mumbled as he stroked his jawline briefly before turning to the waiter. "Two, please."

"Oh, no. I'm fine-"

"They weren't for you," He snickered. "They're both for me."

I flashed my brows, smiling slightly as I sipped at my drink. "Two?"

"Yes ma'am. Now, I'd gladly share one with you, though."

"Well, I'd kindly decline."

"Then it's settled..."

"We won't be sharing," I finished his sentence, flickering my eyes from him to my drink as I sipped at it once more.

"Anything?"

"Hmm?"

"You said we wouldn't be sharing... is that a reference to anything and everything?"

"Now, I don't even know your name," I chuckled, avoiding eye contact as I turned my face away in attempt to hide my blush. I wasn't used to people flirting with me. I wasn't when I was younger, and I wasn't now. Some things just don't change. Sure, I had turned countless men down at the bars I manage to sneak my way into, but I never considered it flirting. I never it got to that stage.

Then, an idea sparked in my mind. My lips quivered their way into a smirk before I turned to the handsome man once again, "Then again, names are overrated."

"Now, what do you mean by that?" he asked with furrowed brows.

"Names. Who needs them? Our names are called to obey to people's miserable whims, our names are hollered by our parents when we were sixteen and stupid. Now, you were going to ask for my name after I was about to ask for yours, but what's the point? You just want a hookup. You'd forget it by tomorrow."

"My, my... You're..."

"Brilliant? Amicably astute?"

"No."

"Well," I snickered and looked at him. "Isn't it the truth, though?

"To some degree, I suppose."

"Well then, why don't we do whatever we want for the night. But on one condition."

"I'm listening."

I watched as he leaned down slightly, his icy eyes twinkling in the neon lights, "We never ask for each other's names, no matter what happens."

"What if one of us were, to say, fall off a cliff? What if the doctors need your name?"

"Sweetie, the world would never know who was missing then. No exceptions."

He nodded, pouting his lip out slightly before agreeing, "Alright. This sounds interesting."