Epic Chase Scene Entry

For DashAJade  's contest. It has to be about a chase, car chase, foot chase, etc. Ok, here we go!

As I walked along the quiet late night suburbs of the city I felt a chill go down my spine, was it just me or was there a shadow following me? I automatically sped up, imagining I could feel my pursuers breath on my neck, making goosebumps creep along my arms. Unable to keep the suspense I turned,  there was a shadow, moving slowly towards me, but no shape, the shadow had two white holes for eyes, clawed hands with something dripping from them and a horned skull. My knees shook as I slowly moved backwards, my steps accompanied by a clack of the creature as it grew annoyed. A long tendril of green drool fell from above me, I looked up with a start to see two pools of red light, like bonfires, moving and shifting. I gasped and turned, breaking into a run as something heavy splashed into a puddle behind me. Panting, I rounded the corner of the alley and was onto the street, lungs burning already from lack of oxygen. An ear piercing screech cut the air accompanied by a clatter of metal on Tarmac as my pursuer came onto the street, furious that I had escaped its clutches, for now. I realised that I couldn't run for much longer, my muscles screamed for me to stop, but I couldn't, stopping meant death. The creature gnashed it's teeth in fury, claws pounding after me, tearing up the ground they touched. I felt myself beginning to slow, unable to run and turned to face death itself.

Ok, that was fun! For a first shot at a chase scene chapter, I think I did ok!