-chapter 3-

*Dan's POV*
I had finally returned home, freezing from head to toe. God it was so cold. I'm happy I'm home.

I snuggled with Phil and, being his usual self, shrieked from the cold. But, something was off. When I came in he was sitting there just... Sitting. Sipping coffee, not even looking at the TV every once in a while. He was distracted.

He has been pretty out of it for a few weeks now. Normally his bubbly self now more quieter... Peaceful. The usual pools of life in his eyes had gradually started to fade, now only just a grey. The colour of his skin, normally lively though pale, now looked ghastly.

What had happened? Why wouldn't he tell me? His best friend? Many questions were still flying about in my head until Phil broke the silence I didn't notice we had gotten into.

"Hey, Dan?" Phil said in a sleepy voice. "I love you, but not in that kind of way. I know what you were going to give me." Phil takes out of my dark, skinny pockets.

"Oh.. Um wait no that wasn't for you! Um I.. I.. Bought it for myself!" I say, in an act of self defence. " Imma go for a walk, I'll see you soon" i said, holding back tears from my eyes. _How could I have fell for him? He doesn't love me. I'm so stupid. I should've never thought that._

Before I could get to the door I was crying. I think he heard me, but I didn't care.

Anger started filling my veins. Attacking my system and causing me to exhale all of my power onto the nearest wall.

_I fell for him, what did I do?_