Chapter 2

I don't have time for this. Why did I ever come here? I had no reason to be here. Now I have people who want to be my "friend"?! They dont even know a thIng about me. It was a big mistake to come here.

I need to leave now before I start to trust them and -believe in them. Just thinking about this makes me taste vile. No one can be trusted- especially when I can't even trust myself.

What if I slip up and not only do they gain my trust but they start to trust me. I will only let them down or they will let me down. I won't let that happen again.

I run out of the building 5 minutes before the bell rings.

I didn't plan to leave so sudden then-though I'm not complaining-but I got a text from the private investigator I hired years ago. I knew they wouldn't be able to reach him. I hired him because I wanted to make sure I would be safe. Safe from my own demons.
He was also the one who helped me get away from them and it wasn't easy then because of the condition I was in. I just wish this guy wasn't such a pest all the time.

I got on my motor-bike; before starting the engine I got my phone out to look at the text again...

'Meet at Fajita Royal I found something I think you need to see

♡ ~Mr.Ace'

Fajita royal? Where the heck is that? Leave it to that man to make things so difficult.

←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→

I'm lost, out of gas, and a nail in my tire. I usually wouldn't make a big thing of this. I mean a flat tire - out gas - being lost - this is fixable and I could just walk back the way I came and everythIng would be just fIne- I think. Now say if while you were on the side lane looking at the damage of the flat tire when a huge 18-wheeler decided it would be quite nice to run over my small (well compared to the size of the 18-wheeler) dark green motorcycle just barely missing me.

Outraged (and I guess slightly concerned for the driver) I stalked over to the driver's side of the 18-wheeler. Before I reached the door, it swung open and a older thin women - I'd say about in her late 30s- jumped out from the vehicle.

"Oh dear, oh dear! Look what I did this time!" she turned to me "I'm so sorry for what I did! Please forgive me. Ohi dear, why do I keep doing this? Oh please dont tell me I hurt you!!" said exclaimed full of distress.

"Excuse me, you barely mIssed me so Im alrIght- could you just tell me a number for a taxi service? I'm late for a meeting." I said impatiently but still slighty shaken up. Come on I was almost squashed by this huge tank!

"No! That won't do! I did this to your bike and now I have the responsibility of getting you where you need. Oh but I can't just leave this here." she had a thoughtful look but then brighten up at an idea "I'll trade you!"

I looked at her in suprise and in confusion. A glanced at the 18-wheeler and back at her.

"Oh no I don't mean Big Timmy! I'm talking about what Big Timmy's carrying, silly. Go on open him up. The buttons on the side!" she said pointing over her shoulder.

Cautiously I walk over to the button and press it. I didn't see anything because of the lack of light. The lights came on suddenly making me jump back and close my eyes from the brightness. When my eyes adjusted I had to make sure my eyes were clear and nothing was making me see a black Corvette Stingray that had thick blood red strips on the sides and along the trunk, sitting in the belly of Big Timmy.

"Wait a minute so you are gonna give me this car for my mangled bike? What's the catch?" Like I said, I don't trust anyone.

Maybe you can trust her. Never