505

Samantha Layfield watched Jonathan Good and Anastasia Cooke laugh at the guest's newest joke, smiles on their faces. Well, Anastasia seemed interested in the conversation, anyway. Jon's smile seemed small and strange.

Samantha played with her food, as everyone seemed to be having a fun time. The party was quite exquisite; something she knew Jon didn't think of or incorporate in. The theme was gold and white or as one of the ushers reminded her, gold and creme. Obviously Anastasia was behind it. Not like it mattered to Samantha, anyway. The only thing on her mind was to ignore the love fest between the engaged two. It made her sick just thinking about how Jon never agreed to the marriage.

His mother, Sarah Good, thought it was such a magnificent idea to pair Jon with a mature and well balanced woman. Jon was never a proper "gentlemen" in terms of indie wrestling, and Sarah believed that she could easily change that. That was where Anastasia came in.

Samantha actually liked Anastasia as a friend, even though Anastasia never seemed to return the favor. It was quite embarrassing for her to try to talk to Anastasia numerous times, only to get ignored. Jon noticed it, too. But, he went along with it. Little did Anastasia and Sarah knew, Jon hitched up a plan. Samantha quickly snapped out of her thoughts, as a person suddenly spoke to her. "Hello, Samantha."

Sarah promptly sat in the left seat beside her, smiling. Sarah loved Samantha, and thought she was a good influence for Jon. But, somehow, it seemed she wasn't good enough to marry Jon, since she forced Anastasia to marry him, instead. "How have you been?"

"I've been doing fine," Samantha replied, nodding. Yeah, just fine and dandy, my mind remarked.

"Great," Sarah said, smiling. She then watched Anastasia smile in Jon's chest, as Jon kept her close with a arm wrapped around her. Jon wore a lighthearted smile on his face, causing Sarah think that she had done well. "Don't you just love them together?"

Samantha confusedly glanced in the direction of Jon and Anastasia, before feeling her heart sink again. "Yeah." She then turned to Sarah. "I'm going to get some fresh air."

"Are you sure you don't want any water?," Sarah questioned, leaping up from the creme chair.

"No,no. I'll be back soon." Samantha walked out of the huge ceremony, and outside. Lucky enough for her, it was all held in a hotel, where she was able to actually stand in one of the balcony like surfaces. She rested her elbows on the concrete that stood before her, looking over the city of New York. It was an amazing sight to see, especially with the beautiful city lights. She didn't notice someone stand beside her, until she could smell the familiar scent of cigarettes. "How ya been lately, Layfield?"

She couldn't help but to chuckle, looking in Jon's direction. For the first time that night, she actually took in his appearance; an expensive tux with a tie actually tied, leather shoes, and a simple hair slick. "Great. Can I say you have been great, too, Good?" She always joked about his strange mannerisms, and how he always seemed to express himself rather....interestingly. But, tonight she wasn't in the mood for joking. Not with some of the etiquette guests, anyway.

Jon almost seemed to choke while taking a drag, laughing at her sudden joke. "Eh, I've been alright," he shrugged, looking at her for the first time since a year. He missed her shoulder length, jet black hair, and her emerald eyes that reminded him of a dark angel. "Never tell anyone this, but I've missed you."

Samantha knew Jon never liked showing his emotions to people, but the fact that those words came out his mouth made her give a toothy smile. "Same here."

Jon smirked, slightly, before stepping on his cigarette. "We better be heading back to the party. Can't leave the princess waiting." He held out his hand, which Samantha accepted, warmly. They didn't notice Anastasia anywhere, in which Susan noted that she had to solve an issue and wouldn't be back for a while after questioning. Behind Susan's back, Jon and Samantha fist bumped, deciding to leave the party to talk amongst themselves.

"It feels good to be together," he said. She was quite worried about Anastasia or Sarah finding Jon gone, but didn't bother thinking about the subject again. She just knew that either way, they would be enjoying each others company for a while.