Chapter 9

I was so tired but I felt so alive. When I step foot on the court, it was like I became someone else. Outside of the court I was Joyze, on the court I was Big Jo.

Stacy inbounded the ball to me, I could feel the other team pressing us since we were beating them by 16 points. I dribbled the ball, thinking. Then it hit me, we could finally use our play call Dunk. As a team, without coach we made a play. I, or any guard, threw the ball as hard as possible on the side of the back board so the ball would fly until the other side of the court.

"DUNK!!" I screamed out. I faced the guard of the other team, making it look like I was going to 1-on-1 them, but then turned and with all my might I threw the ball slamming it into the back board and watched as it flew. It landed in front of the free throw line on the other side of the court and as it bounced up, Hannah caught it and went in for a dunk. She gym went crazy.

I ran down the court and we did our thing. We were playing defense when the buzzer went off. Another game won. 68-51

After the game, our coach gave us a quick speech and then left. We changed, I was the only one to shower though. When I got back, nobody else was there. Ever soy knew our boys would lose, the other team is #1 in our league, our boys was #4.

I took my time getting dressed. Putting on my Nike pro leggings and a clean under amour bra and shirt. I put all my stuff together and quickly braid one French braid down the middle of my head. I put on my slides and left the bathroom. Our body was only down by 3 points. Surprisingly.

I wanted to stay but I was getting this off feeling, the vibes not right. I wasn't sure what though. So I decided to leave.

I turn the corner to my street and I hear people yelling. Three different voices. I slow down my pace to listen and make out some words.
"Back off of her"
"Little punk"
"She's not yours"
"You ain't shit"

I stood in the shadows to put on my hoodie. As I continue to walk, the street lights turn on, and I was in it. The voices stopped. I turned my head. Jimal with Devon? And Kevin?

What was Jimal doing with them? Then it hit me, he said "let's just say he's fam". Were they related? Cousins? Brothers? But that doesn't explain Devon.

The boys on the porch were wearing shorts except for Jimal. It was cold, not the cold for late November. But not warm either. As I started to study the boys, Kevin and Devon had a same marking on their calf. A birthmark. They had the same same birthmark.

They were all related. Kevin and Devon were brothers, and Jimal was related to them.

I felt sick to my stomach. I kept walking down the street, pass my house. I heard shouting behind me. I picked up my pace. I turned on to a street unfamiliar to me. I kept going until I saw there was no exit. It was a dead end. And it had no way out but the way I came in. I turned around to see all boys facing my direction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is Daphney talking. It's been so long since I've updated. But I will be updating now.......hopefully.

This chapter is short and boring but it's a start of something.

DaphneySully is my new account