Chapter 11

I was going to update much later but Neil gave me his signature death stare and well plans change.

SONG - TIMEBOMB - TOVE LO

"Who the fuck are you?" Caleb asked harshly. Never mind the fact that this mystery man had just saved his brother. There was no letting your guard down unless you know the full story. He didn't know the full story. Until he was assured, Caleb wasn't labeling him a savior just yet.

"I'm the man who just saved your brother," He replied calmly.

"No shit Sherlock. I want to know exactly why you did it and how much of a coincidence it is that you just so happened to carry a gun with you on the same night that my brother was supposed to get killed," Caleb pressed his gun against the man's chest.

Roman just remained still.

"Caleb relax," Neil said. His voice was wobbly and his ears ringing loudly since his blood was still pumping with a shit load of adrenaline. Winston held him up with both hands steady against the bar "I know him."

"You know this guy?" Caleb asked.

Neil nodded glancing at Roman "I do. We've met on a few occasions."

Caleb threw his hands in the air "Well did he come to see you or something?"

"That's also what I would like to know," Neil's gaze reached Roman's. He'd been expecting an arrival, Roman noted. Not this way though, but he'd been expecting Roman's presence sooner or later. He just hoped that it had gone as planned and that Neil would consider his request.

"You know what I want," Roman spoke carefully.

"It would be better if you could expand further on the subject for me. Noting that I've just gone through a traumatic event, my head is understandable scrambled," The would-be assassin lay dead literally a few inches from his feet. His eyes were wide open like he'd been in shock. The bullet that hit him wasn't expected after all. Blood oozed from the side of his face where he'd been shot; a chunk of flesh and bone around his jugular had been blown off and splattered on the dance floor.

He forced his eyes to look away from the body. Not out of disgust, but because he wanted to concentrate. The sight of the trickling blood mesmerized him.

"I've helped you. Now you can help me," Roman said.

"You were in the right place at the right time. Wonderful coincidence but it doesn't mean that I owe you anything," Neil answered.

"It's funny actually."

"What's funny?" Caleb asked.

"You wouldn't be talking this way if I'd been a second later. You actually wouldn't be talking about anything," If the atmosphere was just tense before, it had now become wrecked now.

"What are you saying?"

Roman didn't even shake "If I hadn't killed him, you'd be dead and forgotten so your opinion wouldn't mean jack shit."

Winston couldn't take Roman's blatant rudeness.

"Shut up!" He roared ready to jam his gun into Roman's chest but Neil stopped him. "No. I'm not done yet," He informed the dark haired man. Winston hesitantly nodded stuffing his gun back into his back pocket. Inwardly he hoped that Caleb didn't find anything peculiar about their little exchange.

"Jack," Neil spoke "I've read all through your file. I'm not still sure exactly what you would like me to do for you."

"What does he want?" Caleb questioned his brother. Neil flicked his eyes between both men "A chance to join the O'Connors," His eyes bore right into Romans'.