Thunder Blunder

Asgard

Thor happily snuggled under his covers, biding his mother a good night as she slipped out of the room after tucking him in. He'd had a long day, training with his father and studying with the royal tutor. Thor rolled his eyes at that one; he wasn't stupid, and he did rather well with his studies. He just didn't like the way the teacher treated him like, since he royal, he was an imcopetent fool. 

Thor's training consisted of various breathing exercises to achieve successful meditation, and try to create small sounds of thunder. Although Thor knew he could do much more, but his father refused to let him push any limitations. 

What limitatoins? Thor thought. I'm a god!

Even though it had been a long day, and Thor was very tired, he couldn't go to sleep. He felt like dancing, a tingling sensation spreading through his body and making him jittery. He only got this way when a storm approached. And he loved it when that happen. He could feel the power of the thunder, the precise strike of the lightening, and he wanted nothing more then to stand outside and absorb the energy it. 

Thor forced his eyes closed and did his best to still his body, trying to block the feeling out. 

Pretty soon, it was impossible. The storm had arrived, and raged over Asgard, putting everything it had into throwing strikes of lightening and making the loudest cracks of thunder it could manage, all the while dropping buckets of rain down. 

Sleep was now impossible for the royal Asgaurdian. 

Thor wiggled excitedly, body spazzing and squirming with every crack of thunder he heard and with every flash of light he saw through the thick curtains on his window.

A whimper broke through Thor's excitement, and he only paused momentarily before continuing with his thunder dance. A sob broke through next, effectively destroying the glee the took stock in his veins. 

Thor climbed out of bed, peeking his tiny six year old head around the door frame. He cocked his head to the side, and he heard another sob, coming directly from his brother's room. 

Was Loki hurt?

A feeling of dread weighed his body down, and he rushed across the hall in panic, pushing open the heavy wooden door, only to find his little brother curled up in the corner, clutching his green blanket and shrieking in horror with every sound that the storm made. 

"Loki?" Thor whispered, closing the door behind him and slowly stepping closer. "What's wrong?"

Loki didn't answer, instead he scrambled to his feet and wrapped his tiny arms around Thor's large frame. "Make the storm go away, Thor!"

Loki was in hysterics, nails digging into Thor's back.

"Its only a storm, brother," Thor murmured, not understanding why Loki wasn't enjoying the storm like he was. "Come, I'll tuck you back in."

Loki allowed Thor to pick him up and place him in the bed, but protested loudly when Thor tried to leave. "Don't leave me!"

Thor hesitated, for he had never seen Loki look so vulnerable. Loki was usually strong, refusing to be put down by the children that were larger than him. If anything, Loki was braver them him. And smarter. 

Yep. Definitely smarter.

"Thor," Loki pleaded, his green eyes wide and tears streaming down his face. "Don't leave me. You said you'd never leave me! Thor!"

Thor climbed up next to his brother. "There's nothing to be afraid of, brother. We are safe, as long as we stay on the inside."

"I don't like the thunder," Loki whimpered, eagerly accepting his brother's arm that had wrapped itself around Loki's shoulder. "Or lightening."