Chapter 1

On a dull and cloudy morning in Aspertia City, a cute and peppy Pokemon trainer was about to recieve her first starter Pokemon. This girl's name was Marcie. She was a few inches from the door when her mother stopped her. 

"Marcie, did you eat yet?" Her mother asked as she washed the dishes.

"Uh... I um..." Marcie stammered. She didn't want to eat. She was too excited to meet her friends and get their Pokemon. 

"Hm?" Marcie's mother glanced over at her.

"No..." Marcie mumbled. "But I don't want to..." She said softly.

"Alright." Her mother said. "Shoo. Get on outta here. You have a Pokemon to recieve." She smiled slightly. Marcie beamed.

"Thanks mom!" Marcie said with glee.

"Don't forget Snowball." Her mother reminded her of her only Pokemon... (Kinda sad when you think about it.)

"Oh crap..." Marcie ran to her room and picked up a sleeping Skitty. "ONWARD!" She yelled. Snowballed yawned as Marcie walked out of the house. He shifted around and managed to get out of her grasp, just to walk beside her. After walking a block or so, she caught a glimpse of her friends walking ahead of her before they cut a corner. She ran after them, her Skitty also picking up the pace to keep up. After finally catching up, Marcie was out of breath while her Skitty was perfectly fine.

"You're out of shape." Erza said with a chuckle.

"S-shut up..." Marcie said, still panting.

"Well you are." Lukas piped in. Marcie punched him softly. "If that was supposed to hurt, it didn't..." Lukas taunted. 

"It wasn't... N-now shut up...." Marcie said with annoyance. After finally catching her breath, (and recieving a few more remarks on how she was physically unfit) they continued. In a few minutes, they had finally reached the balcony(ish type thing that I have no idea what it's called) where they were supposed to recieve their Pokemon... But no one was there...