Chapter 2

The alarm clocked blared and violently jolted me from my sleep. I had been dreaming about the ballet lessons I had attended back in New York in preparation for Suspiria and I dreamt that I executed a perfect pirouette, something I had been trying to do for a long time, since I was going to have to hold that position for quite a while for a scene in the movie. Damn it. What time was it? 

Bleary eyed, I felt around the side of my bed for my alarm clock and slammed my hand down on top of it as soon as I felt it. 5:00 am. It was freaking 5am. I groaned at the ceiling and laid there for a few minutes–I presumed, before I got out of bed and quickly donned on a t-shirt and leggings. No matter how much time had passed, it was still a struggle to get up in the morning. Especially since it wasn't summer yet, and the air was still chilly from a cold winter. 

Taking a peek outside the curtains, I saw that it was still dark, and knew that I would only be able to take a quick bite before having to go to hair and make-up soon. Hopefully hair and make-up wouldn't take too long today. Hopefully.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I had just finished filming the scenes where Ana went to buy the birthday gift for Christian and Jamie and I were standing together, waiting to film the kissing scenes. I was nervous, and the cold air didn't help. Jamie stood next to me, holding a huge black umbrella that partially shielded us from the incessant rain droplets, but not the cold.

Foley, our director, was behind the camera, messing around with something and the buzz of crew around us were moving back and forth to get things just right.

Jamie suddenly belted out a line, his deep voice startling me. "What are we waiting for?" I recognized the line from Love Me Like You Do from the first film. He elongated the 'for' and it made me giggle, as I unconsciously drew my hands up to my face to cover my mouth. This wasn't the first time it had happened. Jamie had a beautiful singing voice and I would happily listen to it whenever he was in the mood.

James interrupted us then. "Alright, are we ready?" He stood a good few feet away, clad in a thick black parka, a cup of coffee in his hands. "Just kiss when I call action, it's as simple as that."

I nodded nervously, but smiled up a bit at Jamie who stared right back at me, a slight smile on his face.

"Okay, action," James called out, and I immediately put myself in Ana's shoes. I stared at Christian and closed my eyes, a soft smile playing on my lips, which I saw mirrored in his before I closed my eyes. I leaned closer, my hands in my pockets and I could feel the warmth of him as his breath touched my face. Our noses touched first. Then our lips met. He kissed me gently, his lips were so soft. It was a short kiss, a slow kiss. Once. We both pulled back slightly and leaned in again. Twice. He made a noise in the back of his throat and curled his arms tighter around where it was wound around my waist. Jamie was a good kisser–a great one. This wasn't meant to be a completely passionate kiss, so there were no tongues. I was a bit disappointed but I reveled in this short but sweet kiss, my body turning warm as a tendril of desire curled in my stomach.

It had been too long, and sometimes at my home in New York, I would think of kissing Jamie. Amongst other things. Sometimes, I would touch myself and bring myself to an orgasm, gasping out his name softly in my dimly lit bedroom, the noise of New York never fading. When I came down from my high, I was always wracked with guilt. A reminder that he had a wife and kids, drenching me in ice cold water. How could I do it? How could I think of him like that? I was disgusting. And I would burrow my head in my pillows, trying to convince myself that there was no use fantasizing about Jamie. It was futile, he would never reciprocate and he shouldn't have to. I couldn't ruin a family. And maybe Jamie isn't even attracted to me outside of work. 

I did have Matt to think about. I cared for him as a friend, but our romantic relationship had been long gone ever since I saw photos of him kissing another man while still with me though I stayed with him until Halloween, knowing Universal preferred Jamie and I to have stable relationships during filming, hoping that my old feelings for him would resurface but it never did. He didn't seem to think the relationship was gone. My team did also want me to keep up the ruse since filming fifty shades was a scandal due to Jamie's marriage, and if I was unattached. It made me miserable.

I always found it hard to leave a friendship completely. I liked Matt as a friend, but I really didn't want to pretend with him. And despite anything, he had hurt me by cheating on me and then breaking up with me so carelessly on Halloween. In front of my friends. If his goal was to humiliate me? Well done. I ate a few bars of Toblerone that day.

"Cut, well done," James suddenly shouted, breaking me from my reminiscing. "A few more takes, then on to the next scene." Jamie's lips left mine and he blinked at me once, an unreadable expression in his eyes, and then they shuttered before he opened them and gave me a weak smile. What happened? I ignored the thought and got ready to do the same thing again.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Tears were in my eyes, I was so scared and I was a blubbering mess as I ran out of SIP, the memories of Jack harassing me in the office just then making me feel weak and powerless and I almost couldn't get away if not for the moves that Ray taught me. I needed to get away. I ran outside and ended up straight in Christian's arms.

He searched me desperately as he clutched me in his arms tightly, fear in his eyes. "What's wrong?"

I could hear the tears in my voice and the edge of panic generated from Jack's actions. "Jack touched me," I tried to wrap myself around him but his expression filled with anger and so much hate, that he let go of me to stride inside.

"NO," I yelled, grabbing at his arms as he tried to leave, tears coating my voice–and desperation for him not to get into trouble. "D-don't leave me," I stuttered, feeling a little dizzy all of a sudden as I desperately tried to control my panic and my breathing.

"And that's the last take," James clapped his hands together and rubbed them in glee, his white hair standing out among all the black coats and umbrellas. "Great job, Dakota. Great job, Jamie. That's a wrap for today. Excellent."

"Great job, idiot," I teased Jamie, the tears already dissipated from my voice and my eyes.

He laughed, a short sound that wasn't entirely happiness. "You were too, heartbreaker," He said, holding me lightly on my shoulders and I thought I detected a tiny bit of concern still in his eyes. He sighed. "I do hate to see you like that." I was touched by his concern, so I playfully nudged his arms with my shoulder and smiled up at him, wondering how much sweeter he could be.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Just a warning, finals are coming up until near the end of June so I will be slower than usual in updating. Hope you enjoy :)