Chapter One

•Sarah's Point Of View•
"Sweetheart, get up. It's time for school", I heard my mother whisper in my ear, gently shaking me. I groaned, rolling over and pulling the covers over my head. "Five more minutes", I mumbled into my pillow. "Sarah, Angel is waiting downstairs, hurry up", she said, pulling the covers off of my head. "Ugh, fine. I'll be down in a few", I grumbled. She walked out, closing the door behind her. I pushed the covers off of me and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. My feet hit the cold wooden floor, sending shivers down my spine. I got up and walked to my closet. I decided I would take a shower tonight to save time. I grabbed a plain black shirt and a pair of dark fade jeans. I pulled my pajamas off and threw them into the hamper. I grabbed my bra and panties from my drawer, and put them on. I slid the black shirt on and pulled the jeans on, buttoning them as I walked to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and hair, putting my hair in a simple side braid. I then put on deodorant and perfume before putting a small bit of makeup on. I grabbed my hoodie from my closet and went downstairs. I put the hoodie on as I went into the kitchen. I grabbed an apple, putting it in my hoodie pocket before grabbing my homework from the counter and going in the living room where my Mother and Angel sat on the couch watching the news. "Two murders happened last night at around eleven thirty in the local children's park. The victims were Lauren Parolee and Linda West. Both six, and ten year olds were seen being dragged to the park, unconscious. Police are investigating the crime scenes, and will contact local news stations for more evidence. Please have a parent or guardian to walk the children to school, and be on the lookout for any suspicious activity. For further information, stay tuned", the television showed two little girls that were Lauren and Linda. "Girls, be careful out there. Call me if anything happens, okay?", Mother says, getting up and grabbing her keys. "I have to get to work, stay safe", She said, grabbing her coat and walking out. "Well, ready to go?", Angel asked, getting up and grabbing her bag. "Yep, let me go get my bag", I said. She nodded and walked outside onto the porch to wait for me. I ran upstairs, going to my room to get my bag. I grabbed it and ran back downstairs. I grabbed another apple and walked out the door. I pulled my house key out of my pocket and locked the door. I gave Angel an apple and we walked down the pavement, heading towards the bus stop. I sat down on the bench and ate my apple while Angel leaned up against the pole eating her apple. The bus came around the corner as soon as we finished our apples. We threw them away in the trashcan and got on the bus.