Chapter 2

Isn't it ironic the way the person you want to hear from the most never texts? Or maybe the one that you always think about doesn't remember your birthday? I'm pretty sure I'm being a brat about this but that's exactly what happened to me...

(Earlier today)

"Happy birthday!" Sara yelled across the blacktop.

"Yay happy fourteenth!" Cassidy said grinning broadly.

"Here I brought you a chocolate bar!" Angelina proclaimed happily as she handed me a king sized Hershey's chocolate bar.

I smiled them, "Thank you so much guys." Then I checked my phone again to see if Sam had texted me. I can't help, it's a habit that I do consciously and unconsciously! How does one correct that? Especially since when he does text it's a positive reward, which just reinforces the wanting to check t unconsciously! Sorry, I sound like a nerd....

Anyways, I know that it's Columbus Day and right now he is with his family at Big Bear (ugh Catholic School!), but he could at least just say happy b-day! Or something! Well maybe he's asleep, it is like eight in the morning I'll wait for after school.

"Hey Bryn I like your glasses, they're cute."

"Thanks." Right, I forgot to mention that one didn't I? Well I got glasses, barely prescription, for seeing the board to take notes. I suppose now you can all say it, I'm being totally stereotypically cliched. Yeah, well, whatever that's how it happened.

Long story short my day sucked. People came up to me all day and talked to me about my glasses or wished me a happy birthday. Now look, I'm no shy girl who waits in the background, but coming up to me when I have a massive killer headache is pushing it. Unless you're my friend, take a hike. Then on top of that Sam NEVER texted me!!!! Not once in the 1,440 minutes we have in a day! I can't freaking believe him at the moment! Also people have been calling him gay! My life is so messed up.

You (whoever you are) are probably wondering why my fellow judgmental classmates would call him gay. I guess there's no good way to put this, he does ballet. That's not even the worst part, he has gay dads. I'm pretty sure he's straight and he does ballet because that's the way he was raised, but people have been telling me over and over that he is gay. I can't even distinguish my own feelings on the topic over theirs! What is happening to me?!?!