Day 5

Sarahs P. O. V.

It's been 5 days since the dreaded day the German soldiers invaded my town. They forced us out of our homes and took us on a long train ride. I'm not sure how long. I lost count after three days. There were only little slots for windows we could see the outside world from and and most of us were passed out from the stench of feces and urine and dirty bodies.
My parents and little sister were put into a different train car. I haven't seen them since we hugged goodbye and the soldiers ripped us apart. My older brother was kept with me but soon after we got to the camp he was taken away also.
Now it's just me. Me and some other prisoners. Some I know and others I don't.
The last time I showered was the day we were taken. Everyone in the overcrowded barrack reeks it's almost unbearable to be locked in there overnight.
I haven't eaten much but bread and a little bit of water since we arrived. My weight has already dropped dramatically. My job is building barracks half the time and sorting through the prisoners clothes the other half of the time. I'll occasionally find a few crumbs or some money but the soldiers always take the money away.
I've made a couple friends but we don't talk often. Eliza, one of the girls from my town, gives me her bread when she doesn't want it. It's hard for me to work without food. Even with the little food we get now it's hard.
The worst part is its the middle of summer. We don't have air and everyone smells. The barracks are disgusting since the men that clean them never do a good job. They smell like a dead animal.
The Nazis check our clothes once a day to make sure we didn't steal anything. There was this one boy on my first day here who stole some money from sorting clothes. They whipped him in front of everyone and then took him away. I haven't seen him since. No one has.
No one knows where those people go but we know it can't be good.
Noon is when they have us line up and check our pockets. They give us the warning call for 11:59.

A/N Hi friends! I know this chapters kind of crap but I got writers block halfway through and after this chapter it'll get better I promise! Lots more action and finally some talking from sarah and the other prisoners! Vote and comment please! 😊❤