The Arguement (chapter 1)

It was dusk in New York City. The clouds were indigo layers that contrasted the yellow street lights perfectly. The sounds of birds returning to their nest and people returning to their homes were quiet throughout the concrete jungle. Unfortunately, below in the city's sewer system, it was quite the opposite.
Two mutant turtles kneeled silently as they watched the other two spar. A mutant rat was watching from a safe distance.
There was a thump and a certain red banded turtle fell to the floor. His blue banded opponent smirked with pride and turned to his master. Suddenly, a loud cry was heard and Raphael launched himself in Leonardo's direction. After barrel rolling, Raphael pinned his brother to the floor.
"That's the last time I lose to you Leo!" Raph held his fist in the air as Leo twitched in fright. Before he could bring it down, a furry paw grabbed his wrist softly.
"That is enough Raphael. As a ninja you must do no harm, especially to your brothers." Splinter let go of his son's wrist and Raph just huffed and left the dojo.
"Well that was interesting." Leo stated as Splinter helped him up. "Thanks Sensei." Leo smiled.
Splinter returned it and turned on his heel. "I will leave you to sort this out, my sons." He spoke over his shoulder. "Yet do not add more fuel to the fire as it is strong enough already."
The two kneeling brothers stood up and all three bowed in unison to their master.
"You okay, Leo?" The purple banded one asked.
"I'm used to it." Leo let out a small smile.
"Dude, I've never seen him do that before. I mean he's gone to hit you but he's never been that much of a sore loser and on top of that-" The youngest orange banded turtle gave his brother a confusing look when he cut him off.
"I get it, Mikey." Leo did a mental face palm. "Come on, I'm gonna watch space heroes, wanna join?"
At this Donatello and Michelangelo cringed; they hated space heroes.
"Ah, um, I'm need to finish my lab project." And with that Donnie scuttled away.
Leo let out a sigh, "Mikey?" He turned to face his brother but there was no sight of him. He turned fast enough to see his little brother rush out the dojo.
"LeoImSorryButSpaceHeroesSuck!" He let out in one breath.
Leonardo sighed again. At least I'll have some sort of peace and quiet for now. He thought.
***
Raphael had finally finished 200 punches on his punching bag and was debating which brother he could chat with.
Leo? No way! He is what got him in this mess in the first place.
Donnie? His scientific intellect and choice of words would probably anger him more.
Mikey? Yeah why not? Play some video games... But he might hate him for how he spoke to Leo.
Suddenly Raph got a tiny twinge of pain. He looked down at his hands and saw his busted, bleeding knuckles. Donnie it is then. He thought and made is way to the lab.
***
"Just add a drop of hydrochloric acid and..." Donnie was concentrating his hardest when his lab door banged open. "Ah!" Donatello jumped and accidentally let out a lot of acid. The mixture he was working on fizzed and turned to black foam.
"Ugh Mikey! How many times-" Donnie was surprised at who entered his lab. "Raph? What the shell dude? You ruined my experiment! You're as bad as Mikey." He muttered the last part and lowered his gaze and he sighed. "Punching bag?"
Raph sheepishly nodded and Donnie threw him some bandages and cream.
"I would do them but they don't look that bad and you ruined this, so it's seems fair." Donnie smirked. "Besides I'm sure you wouldn't want your younger brother patching you up, big tough Raphie can do it himself." He saw Raph's eyes twitch at that last point.
"You know I hate that name." His voice was filled with so much venom.
"You know I love my experiments so yeah whatev- Ah!" The sound of the lab door shut with such a loud bang Donnie practically fell out his chair.
"Brothers." He muttered and went back trying to fix his experiment.
***
Raphael stormed out of the lab on the verge of blind rage. First Leo now Donnie? All of a sudden his youngest brother appeared from behind him with a bright smile
"Hey Raphie-boy!" His smile faded when Mikey saw his brother's expression. "What's up?"
That sent him over the edge. That little question made him think of everything that's happened this evening. Raph clenched his fists and let out a mighty roar. What happened next was a blur. Flashes of red appeared in his eyes as he swung his fists around wildly. He came into contact with something and a short but loud yelp followed. As soon as he focused again, his brother was beneath him holding his plastron. Deep, quick breaths came from Mikey as his eyes welled with tears. Raph didn't know what to do.
"Mikey, bro, I'm sorry!" He crouched and put a hand on his shoulder still shocked and in fear for his little brother's safety.
He cant believe he hurt his baby brother. He had just asked what was wrong and boom he was on the floor in seconds.
"Ugh," Mikey's voice came out raspy. "It's...fine dude. Ughhhh, lemme...catch my breath." He winced as he breathed in. A couple of tears left his eyes.
"I-uh-um- I'll get Donnie." Raph suggested in a panicky tone. Normally Mikey would say 'no, it's not that bad' and just get up. But this time, he agreed. He must be really hurt bad.
Raph didn't want to leave Mikey struggling on the floor but he had to get Donnie. He stood up and took a few steps from Mikey towards the lab.
"Donnie!" Raph practically screamed. "Get your shell in here!"
Donnie's head popped around the lab door and glanced around. As soon as he saw Mikey on the floor, he was constantly asking questions.
"What happened?!"
"What did you do?!"
"Mikey, what's wrong?!"
"Raph!" Donnie turned to Raph with anger in his eyes. "What. Did. You. Do." His voice filled with venom.
"I-uh-I..." Raph started.
"Ugh save it, Raph." Donnie turned away and crouched down to Mikey. "Go do something that doesn't bother us."
Raph started to leave but he took a small glance back.
Donnie had his tongue out in concentration whilst his eyes were still filled with anger.
But Mikey, he was looking at Raph, with pain in his eyes but a smile upon his face. He mouthed "I'll be fine." Which made Raph relax a little. His little brother had no failure making him happy.
Raph turned back and went to his room; the place he knew he could stay in control, and waited for evening patrol