Chapter 20 - Wherever you are -

(Louis' Pov)

'I'm helping!' 

'No Zayn, you need to rest.'

'I'm fine Louis, it was just concussion but I am fine now.' Zayn argued.

'But...' I began to protest but was interrupted.

'Louis...I'm fine.' He reassured and I sighed.

'Okay you can help...just don't blame me for worrying.' 

'I know mate but the more people helping the quicker we can all get home. Kate needs help and I am pretty sure everyone else at home are in just as bad of a mess as us.' He reminded.

'Your right but any sign of you looking bad, you are sitting out.' I ordered and he lifted his hands un in defensive, nodding.

Caleb and Matt had woken early, eager to get start on the raft and it wasn't long before they woke everyone else up either. The only person still sleeping is Hallie but no one is blaming her. She is only 4 after all.

Kate is just sat in her usual spot feeling helpless. She looks so close to breaking down that it only makes me want to work faster. Kate never cries and I mean never but with her current position, I wouldn't be surprised if she breaks that. 

All I know is that she keeps looking down at the wolf neckless around her neck. I remember when we were all out shopping and she saw it in one of the shops. She was literally admiring for ages but she didn't have the money to get it. 

Eventually we left but later Niall came up to her with box and inside was the necklace. She was so happy and I have never seen her hug someone for so long. (Niall is the exception these days though.) Now she never takes the necklace off. 

Even though it was quiet cheap, she still says it is the best gift she has ever gotten and I think that makes Niall happy too. I guess it reminds her of him now.

We all have that certain thing that brings back memories or reminds us of those closest to us. 

'Right, I think we have enough wood and leaves for now. We just need to strip down the leaves and use it as rope to tie everything together.' Wyatt announced and everyone began to work.

I sat there stripping down the leaves, seeing as it was the easiest thing to do and the safest for my wrist. The men were arranging the wood and basically doing most of the constructing. Zayn and Zara were helping but were also trying to figure out the best methods for transporting resources.

'Hey Noah, hows it going?' I asked the teen as she sat down beside me, beginning to help.

'Nothing much, you know chilling on an island with some awesome people.' She smirked.

'Awe, you think i'm awesome.' I gasped with a cheeky grin.

'Shut up.' She laughed. 'Hey, seeing as you know, you and Zayn are the singers, you should both lighten the mood with a song.' She suggested, causing Zayn to face us.

'Seriously?' I asked, raising an eyebrow.

'Why not?' she questioned.

'Yeah, come on pop stars, why don't you show us whats so special about you.' Caleb joked and Zayn and I laughed.

'Alright, what song?'

'A happy song. How about...Summer of 69!' I looked to Zayn who shrugged before starting to sing.

'Got my first real six string,
bought it at a five and dime
Played it till my fingers bled
Was the summer of 69...