eleven

thank you for the support robbi and i are getting. it means a lot. 

--

niall was sitting on a blanket, a basket open in front of him and in the middle of the blanket, there were empty plates in front of him and empty pudding cups. niall decided to take danny out on a picnic when liam left for work that morning.

for the first time since niall started working for liam, danny cried when liam had kissed his cheeks goodbye and then got into his car so that he could go to work. nothing had appeased the little boy until niall had brought up the picnic and now, here they are. 

he smiles as he watched danny try to make sand castles. he laughed when danny accidentally knocked down his castle with his knee, danny stared at the sand in confusion and turned to niall. the little boy looked so adorable with his pout and niall could see traces of liam in the little. anyway, you know what they always say: like father like son.

"nini..." danny whined, fisting his hands in the sand.

"try again, bud!"

"okie." danny says. 

while danny busied himself with sand architecture, niall began to pack up their rubbish. he pushed the empty plates into the big ass basket he found in the kitchen, when he was done he pulled out the novel he had started the previous night, the shining by stephen king. niall's only halfway through the book and he's dropped it twice from being both freaked out and scared. he lowers his book every few seconds to check on danny, cracking a smile after a few minutes when a little boy with round eyes and freckles dusting his cheeks and nose joins him. as he was about to raise his book up when his phone rang. 

he swiftly pulled it out of his pocket and accepted the call, not checking the caller id. 

"hello..." niall says when he picks the call.

"ni..." 

ah, it's liam. 

"hey. are you okay? do you need anything?" niall asks, raising his hand to check the time on his watch. "it's just three in the afternoon, li. is something wrong?"

"calm down, darling. i'm calling cause i just got home and found the house empty. i almost had a mini heart attack." liam says with a chuckle.

niall watches danny play with the other cute boy as he spoke to liam. "there's no such thing as a mini heart attack. a heart attack is a heart attack." niall lectured. he could actually see liam rolling his eyes at him from the other line. "don't roll your eyes at me."