Chapter 10: Truth Uncovered

Poseidon P.O.V.

I stared at the three similar teens and felt the tears welling up behind my eyes. After all these years he was home. "Percy." I stepped towards him cautiously "Can we talk?" "I.....I guess." He replied slowly, looking quickly at the other two. They nodded and drew the young boy and girl towards the Poseidon table. Percy followed me out of the Dining Pavilion and into the surrounding forest. We walked down to the beach and sat in the coarse sand. The soft waves lapped at the shore and Percy sighed. "I'm sorry Percy. I know that doesn't even begin to make up for what I've done." "It's okay Posei.....father." He gave a small smile and looked at me "I've missed you and this place but I can't come back." "I understand. I just hope that you may someday come and visit. The sea is always you're home and waiting. You will also have a place in my palace." "Thanks dad." Percy said softly "Now, I think you need meet my twins." "I'd like that very much." "Why did you never know about them if you checked up on me?" "Your mother told me that she was having only 1 child. A boy named Perseus. I never realized she was lying until she died. I read the letter she left for you and me. Maybe know we can be a family, a distant family if anything." "So do we." I turned to look at the forest. Both teens stood there looking at us. "Eavesdropping isn't nice you know?" "Come off it Percy." The girl said softly "We've missed you." "I know but I needed to speak with dad." "What? And we didn't?" The boy glared playfully at Percy who just smirked. "Well, come and sit. Don't just stand there gawking." The boy came and sat on my other side while the girl just plopped down in my lap and hugged me tightly. "Missed you daddy." She whispered sweetly. "I've missed you all so much, child." I replied hugging her tightly.