end

"he was calling out for me," petit yoongi breathlessly said, his half closed eyes on the teary eyed boy sitting by his bed

jungkook nodded because he knew who he was talking about and he couldn't call petit yoongi crazy, because he had heard him, too.

"he wants me to stop ignoring him," the pale boy winced at the aching in his chest. "i can't keep him waiting."

petit jimin's wet cheeks felt puffy under the sad atmosphere that had taken over the hospital room.

as if somebody had died in here.

petit jimin didn't understand petit yoongi's words until jungkook spoke up, a shaky voice coating his phrases.

"hyung," petit jimin anticipated jungkook's words, but he soon regretted it. "this is not worth it."

what wasn't worth it? petit jimin took everything personally as he asked himself, in a small voice, am i worth nothing?

"jimin hyung is dead," the young boy pressed on, as if to worsen petit yoongi's pain, but he just wanted to reason him.

petit jimin wanted to wonder why nobody had paid attention to him falling forcefully on his knees, right after those four words, but then he reconsidered it.

petit jimin was dead. all of him was. and he remembered. petit jimin remembered that night and the fight and the shattering of petit yoongi's heart right in the palm of his hands.

why?

petit yoongi's silent tears that were somehow screaming at petit jimin made him reach out for the older's hand. so warm. petit jimin hopped petit yoongi couldn't feel his deadness through his small, cold fingers.

it hurt petit yoongi's heart to feel the familiar, gentle palm against his and he turned his head away, eyes closed to cry away the memories.

petit jimin hopped petit yoongi wouldn't hear the many shaky breaths he couldn't hold in but petit yoongi was all ears for him. he always has been.

his voice was his favourite thing.

"i'm sorry," petit jimin wanted to tell petit yoongi not to cry over him but his own shaky voice failed him over many times. "i love you."

petit yoongi curved his fingers in an attempt to squeeze petit jimin's hand in his, but all he did was push the air around.

petit jimin still felt real. he was there and his palm was still making one with petit yoongi's. he missed petit jimin's scent.

"wait for me," petit yoongi whimpered softly, too softly, even jungkook didn't catch it. but petit jimin did.

and petit jimin did. he waited for petit yoongi, without ever pressuring things because petit jimin knew.

petit jimin was dead but he knew his heart wasn't and his feelings were more alive than the sparkle in petit yoongi's eyes when he glanced at the picture of the green haired boy and the orange haired boy on his phone.

petit jimin was patient for petit yoongi.

petit jimin waited.